Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
19,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trouble is being troublesome once again. We have the endless circle going on right now. We don't want to finish the fiberglass hood edges until the export brace goes on because it could change the positioning of the shock towers and thus the alignment of the hood to the fenders.

We can't install the export brace yet because we haven't painted the cowl lip. And, to make it worse, we have to stripe the cowl lip as part of the painting process.

Sheesh, this car is going to drive me to drink....again and again. /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

·
Incorporated Sell Out
17,130 Posts
And you can't paint the stripes on the cowl lip until the hood is in to make sure they are in the right spot right. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

·
Administrator
19,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ahh, we have now come full circle. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

·
Administrator
19,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, that's what I suggested but my friend doesn't want to remove it once it's on for fear of changing the alignment again. I think it's what we need to do, but it's not my call.

·
Administrator
19,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
8,660 Posts
i feel your pain. i just repaired a coolant leak on my water neck on my motor and started it up. well what do you know when i go to quit working on it for the night i hear something dripping. look under the car and it is coming from the front seat holes. my heater core just went out leaving a lake standing in my passenger floor that was just painted a week ago. i feel your pain.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
I can't see the alignment shifting that much once adjustments are made and the export brace gets removed for paint. If you were driving the car or jacking it up all the time I would agree with your friend but if you do the alignment then remove the brace for painting it should not move. If it does I would seriously look at how solid the structure of the car is...

·
Administrator
19,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I totally agree...I think I'll be doing some convincing this weekend. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

1 - 10 of 10 Posts