Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone dealt with dark horse performance? I am thinking of buying one of their exhaust system setups for my 65 convertible.

tia,

Randy

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
I have been using their Tremec cross member for my 5 speed conversion for quite a while now.
Been very satisfied with the quality of the product :)
Don't have any experience with their exhaust products though.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Your original question was whether it was okay to ask about a vendor. I am just a newbie on this forum, but I think this is a good place to ask questions about vendors.

In the last couple of weeks, I have been dealing with vendors that have multiple names. For example, Coast High Performance (CHP), answers their phone as "Probe Industries". I called SCAT Enterprises, and the phone was answered as "Mustang <something>". I have seen this type name shifting a lot in the last couple of years.

I would like to know if others have found this kind of name swapping/layering with vendors. Maybe we could get a lay of the land of vendors, if everyone pitched in their experiences.

Sorry for stealing this thread.

rk

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
........I called SCAT Enterprises, and the phone was answered as "Mustang <something>".....
I haven't talked to them in a few months, but when I did, I heard "SCAT <something>". I know they are probably the biggest seller of stroker cranks for Mustangs/Fords. Maybe it's a promo thing.

As to the original question: There have been plenty of threads started asking about this or that vender. You could also try a search with the vender name and see what comes up.

From what I have seen, Dark Horse has a good rep.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts