Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Stumbled accross this on E-hay. Check out item # 1854464018. If this isn't illegal it's unscrupulous at best. I wonder if the fact that the sale could occur accross state lines makes it a Federal Offense ( if it's illegal to begin with.).
I've reported to E-hay my concerns on this auction.

Best Regards,

Landmissle

G

·
0 Posts
not illegal to sell illegal to put on a nother car, Might be the feds trying to catch the dum chop shops . You never know.

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
It is illegal but it happens everday.

69 Mach 1 427 Windsor

·
Registered
916 Posts
LOL what is up with that??

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
"block of wood not included??!!?/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif"

For $100, I'd at least send the happy winning bidder the block of wood!!!!!/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Rick

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Ummmmm it is border line.....

Because he is selling it as the remainder of the car.....it is legal.

This is like buying a car.....although he should have
left a couple more parts to be more convincing....

I would love this for my Z still have to keep smogging it.
(I only drive the darn thing three maybe 5 times a year.) SOme smog I put out!!!

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
All resources that I have point to this sale being 100% legal because, like others have mentioned, the seller smartly classified this auction for "the rest of my car" instead of an auction "for a VIN and title to a car."

Just another way to cheat the system. As long as loopholes exist, people will exploit them.

G

·
0 Posts
Lets see if my memory serves me. I have a racing friend in California, lives 6 months there, 6 here. Says if his '68 Camaro gets re-registered in California it has to be recertified(never will with a R-M 632). That's why it has the cool blue tag on it(pops got it new). He says the smog Nazi's will bust someone bigger than Dallas if they try that one.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Can't get the number to work anymore, Wonder if ebbay pulled the ad

1 - 11 of 11 Posts