Vintage Mustang Forums banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
The 93 Cobra is overpriced for what you get.

there are so many flavors of fox bodies, you have to narrow down what you are looking for.

My personal favorite is a 79 Pace Car followed by the SVO, but if those are nice cars I would hate to modify them.

Next is a 91-93 for the air bags.

The 87+ (Aero) Mustangs will take a larger tire.

For Comfort I prefer a 83-88 5.0 T-bird. The 2.3 is cool, but spendy to make any power.

For a sleeper I prefer the 78-79 Fairmont 2-door sedan or Futura with the 5.0 or better yet, any Fairmont with a 4 speed that a 5.0 swap can be done to.

Fox bodies are a REALLY BIG PITA to change the heater core.

·
Registered
399 Posts
For a sleeper I prefer the 78-79 Fairmont 2-door sedan or Futura with the 5.0 or better yet, any Fairmont with a 4 speed that a 5.0 swap can be done to.
84 Cougar LX
86 Mustang GT convertible
92 Mustang GT Hatchback

In backwards order. 😁

Sleeper...I would say fox LTD station wagon!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Love this post! Those foxbody mustangs are the new "it" ponies. Here are my suggestions:

#1- 93 Cobra. They let the third generation go out with style. You only have three color options, actually, I'll say you only have one... black.

#2- 82 GT t-top. GT came back with a bang. Check out on YouTube the old motortrend review of them.

#3 79 Pacecar. Year 1 of the foxbody, a collector car wrapped in a bit of history, that is still somewhat affordable.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts