Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I restored the ‘66 a added these tail lights and planning on selling it in the sprang was contemplating taking them off and putting on the original style, any thoughts? Thanks Pete
D9A5495D-28C9-417B-A859-30BD19033BB7.jpeg

·
Registered
1966 Mustang GT 4sp Nightmist Blue
553 Posts
Reminds me of something like George Barris era. Definitely will get more money without them and selling them like @BlakeTX stated :)

Chris

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I guess removing them would be best,depending on how they are attached.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Tough crowd...I have a set very similar I bought at Carlisle back in the late 70's. I thought they were bad a__...showed them to the guys at the ford dealer I worked at when I pulled the car in on hobby night to install them.. and they all gave me the stink eye....so.....sitting on the shelf to this day!

·
Registered
739 Posts
Flip it: does that mod INCREASE the value?

I think most would agree that the answer is "no, it doesn't increase it."

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Then off they go, fortunately I installed them where there were no alterations so unless they did anything to the paint years ago it should be fairly simple to install originals, thanks for the input, Pete

·
Registered
342 Posts
If you want to make a change to your tail lights, ditch those and put led behind the original lenses and bezels before selling. That would be a plus for me if I was looking for another fastback to buy.

·
Registered
9,647 Posts
Yup. Tough crowd....
Cal Custom sold those originally. I think NPD had (maybe still has) a re-popped version of them in their catalog.
The original ones are worth serious dollars.

·
Dimples
5,393 Posts
I can see the Barris comparison...

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
It's not something I would purposefully seek out and add to my car, but I kinda like it.

Is it one piece and mounts over the taillight panel and through the original lens holes?

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
It's hard to say without seeing the whole car. If that was the only mod, I would say remove them. I was initially taking the term "restored" more literal. It appears to be more of a custom build. I see 67/68 Shelby style scoops on the sail panel vents and what looks to be a similar hood. It might be modified enough that the rear light covers are not so out of place.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts