Vintage Mustang Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
I know it would scare me off, especially if bodywork is involved.

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
I know it would scare me off, especially if bodywork is involved.
I am with you, but if one wants a stock looking vehicle, other bodywork is needed. Note post #20

·
Super Moderator
10,313 Posts
Only since you're openly Asking,......those are downright hideous and look like something from JC Whitney.

With a mod that unsightly, I'd be worried about other work / mods that may have been added. I'd be going over the car Very closely.

Definitely remove them,.....

·
Premium Member
1,190 Posts
It's your car - do what you want. If it were my car I would lose them ASAP. Maybe they would look good on the new Mach I - E?

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
I love those tail light lenses. Where can I buy them? I didn’t know there were repops made of them.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Why selling and what’s the details about it?

·
Registered
248 Posts
I'm going to have say those tail lights do not look good to me, sorry. Initially I saw them and thought of an early Cougar, they had tail lights similar... But, IMHO, not the Fastback Mustang look to me!

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I removed the tail lights over the weekend and have original ones on order, thanks for all the responses , I was going to replace them with the original style but figured I would anyway, car is a T code so I didn’t feel to bad doing the changes on it, need to plug weld a few holes in tail light panel but good news is a have half a gallon of the paint leftover when it was painted, thanks again Pete
593916B9-A99D-4F53-951B-38E66F2A436E.jpeg
54129B09-FD39-4829-B42D-CCB2E3EA97C1.jpeg

·
Registered
1966 Mustang GT 4sp Nightmist Blue
548 Posts
Good looking car, your going to miss it!

Chris

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
I definitely think it evokes Burris vibe or a surfer vibe. Nothing wrong with them in my book...being different is OK with me, but a lot of people looking for a FB for sale would not know that they require no body modifications and would pass up the car. You may want to sell them with the car (if they are not Cal Customs) because you never know if an interested buyer might like them. We are all different thankfully.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Looks better, even without the original style tail lights back in place just yet. Maybe you won't want to sell it after all?

·
Dimples
5,379 Posts
I can’t say I’ve ever seen 67ish roof scoops on a 65/66. Works better than I expected.

·
Registered
9,614 Posts
I can’t say I’ve ever seen 67ish roof scoops on a 65/66. Works better than I expected.
.....but yet those tail light panels were just too much :confused:

Reactions: BlakeTX

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
The upper side scoops are worse than the tail lights IMPE. Same as putting GT350 side stripes on a coupe . But it IS your car and you might not like the 1/4 windows on my car. No right or wrong , just individual freedom .

21 - 37 of 37 Posts