Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wonder what the reincarnation count is gonna be?

I think we (those who have lost their identity) deserve a different title for the forum and for losing our post count. Reincarnated works. Maybe a "1 down 8 to go" or something along those lines. Be creative.

Needless to say, I am glad I am back on the forum again.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Dave - What did you have to do in order to get your ID back?

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Bob - Thanks for all your efforts. Considering this is a hobby site - and not a money maker, I feel fortunate to have been able to get back in (with Shannon's help).

Something else a bit strange, though. Still not getting any emails back when people respond to my posts...

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
A bunch of people - sounds like maybe anyone who was logged on at the time one of the security tables took a hit, have lost access to their user ids. This is the response I've been giving people who email me:

Apparently, some of the security tables got creamed last nite. People whose user IDs were active at the time this occurred, got deleted.

Try deleting any cookies that you might have in your temporary internet files (usually part of your ISP folder) first. If you still cannot log on (you get an "invalid logon or password" message), then you will have to build your ID all over again.

This means you'll lose any post count you've accumulated (I lost 1900 posts!), but it is better than losing your id altogether.

Also, VMF is supposed to email a temporary password to you as soon as your logon is set up. It didn't in my case. One of our moderators (Whizco, Shanman...) can give you a temporary password that will permit you to log in, if this happens.

I hope this helps.

Glenn Morgan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts