Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an MSD 6al box and a MSD dist. Last week a problem started. After about two miles of driving the car starts to miss at 3000-3400 rpms. It's a 4 speed and will do it in any gear. You can drive through it and it smooths out at 3400 rpms. I pulled out hard in first gear and you can feel it but it revs past it. I reved it to 4500 rpm and its fine once you get past 3400. Any ideas? I remove the 6600 rpm chip I had in it and ran it with no chip and it still did it. It's almost feels like you are hitting a rev limiter. The Msd 6al box is about 3 years old with about 3,000 miles on it and the Msd Dist is about 4 months old with about 500 miles on it. It's in a 70 Mach1 351C stroker 408. Thanx Ray

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
First off I've not messed with MSD. With electronic ignition if it starts to miss alot of the time it's the pickup in the distributor. Are you sure that the higher RPM doesn't hide the miss? Check all the connections and supply voltage and ground. If that don't help call MSD.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts