Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So on the back og.my 67 ignition switch there is just a plug with three wire coming out.. I forgot to disconnect the battery and when I slid the switch out of the dash something touched the dash and sparks flew.. damn!! So after I pulled it down and unplugged it right under the dash by the switch where two wires hanging.. one. With a circle eylete connecttor and a purple wire with a black lung connector...on the side of the plug butstill on the back there is a brass connector that stick up that's doesn't go into the plug..the purple connector looks like it would slip onto this brass connector.. and maybe the wire with the circle eyelet on the actuall screw that sticks out the back of the ignition switch????

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Say what?? Slow down, wait for the adrenalin to wear off and try that description again. If possible, can you snap us a good colour picture?

Don

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha.. your right it was an adreneleine rus..basicaly the "a" connection and "post" conncection do not have anything plugged into them.is this common on a 67.. I do have two loose wire very close to the switch in the dash..maybe its aftermarket?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts