Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a MSD Pro-Billett ready to run electronic distributor for my 65 coupe (2v). Any recommendations on other parts I need. My plans for the this car is to upgrade to an Edelbrock performer intake and 4 bbl card, and eventually the heads as well. I will probably go with some headers and an exhaust upgrade in the near future as well. I have been looking at a blaster 2 coil (Does anyone know if I need the 'ford horseshoe' version? and a MSD 6a ignition control. Do I even want the ignition control???? Please advise as I really want away from my mechanical timing.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Right now I have a Pro-Billet dizzy sitting in my 351w. With 8.5mm superconductor plug wires... a Blaster 2 coil, and a 6a box. This has all been removed for the strip-down resto, but It proved to be a reliable ignition set up.

Quote from the multiple spark boxes from the summit catalog:
"these MSD ignition control unitss deliver hotter, multiple sparks on the power stroke, so your combustion is quick and complete As air/fuel mixtures change from plug to plug, you need a spark amplifiers's added voltage. The multiple sparks gurantee that combustion takes place just as your piston passes top dead center to give you maximum power."

The main function of the 6a box is a multiple spark. this aids in easier starting and increases power. I would recommend upgrading your plug wires. If you are going to get the MSD 6a box... it cannot be used with soild core wires.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, great information. I am going to get Accel 8.8 mm wires for it. Any recommendations on good spark plugs?
-Bryan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts