Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter is in a softball tournament next week and we are flying to Foorida, Kissimmi ( SP?) (Orlando area?) Is there any shows or places I should check out if I have a chance?
I know there are a lot of VMF'ers out in Flordia, Midlife, Bishir etc. you guys know any shows ot places to visit?
TIA.

G

·
If you're going south on I75, and I'm sure you will be, National Parts Depot is right off one of the exits. It's visible from the interstate.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, might do it although my wife will complain ( we have a NPD in Oxnard, about 30 miles from my house)

G

·
There is a show in Old Town not far from where you will be but I think it does not run this time of year(July/August)its to hot,but I will check. I will also check a couple of clubs over here on the Space Coast(Titusville area)where they launch the shuttle from. There also is a car muesum in Daytona and Daytona USA right at the track you may want to check out. Daytona USA is ok did that once not sure about the museum any other Florida people have input on that. I will let you know what I find. And dont forget Mickey and his friends. Good luck to your daughter and her team.

G

·
If you have a NPD 30 miles from you don't bother with the one in ocala, its like a 2-3 hour drive from kissimmee. I don't think old town cancels events a specific time of year. They do their thing on sat nights. it might be fun for you and and fam cause they got all sorts of other stuff in oldtown to do other than just look at cars (shopping, food, games, etc). Don't know of any events specifically in town (orlando is about 45-60 min east of kissimmee) There is always a cruise in somewhere on sat nights, but they move from week to week. Check out midflmustang.com, I think there is a list on there.

G

·
NPD is only about 1 1/2 hours north from Kissimmee, in Ocala. They have over 100 classic cars on display on carpet inside there, mostly low mileage unrestored stuff (the collection was featured on My Classic Car a couple months ago), which is more worth visiting than the lame-o Daytona USA (and it's free to tour, unlike Daytona USA). I could camp out in there, if they'd let me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts