Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got around and purchased the engine stand for the 302 engine job. Removed the automatic tranny which I gave to my brother. Mounted it to the stand and removed some more smog stuff and a bunch of stuff I need. I labeled a few parts but I will surely get into trouble again re-assembling. Its really tempting to take the engine clear down and do a mild rebuild. The idea is to clean it up and replace the gaskets....hmmmm. Plus, the 351W heads mate to the block perfectly and the water ports match too! The mismatched water port was a major problem I was whining about last fall on the older block the 351 heads were attached to.

Need to roto rooter the drains again, then back to more engine fun! ::

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, you're right. A conventional style replacement pan is sitting out of view of the picture. This 302 came out of an 81 T-bird with the split pan straddling the front suspension. The split pan goes...

·
Premium Member
3,651 Posts
Somebody a little while back was looking for one on this site so it should be worth something. Maybe you should put a new oil pump in at the same time? Have fun...get greasy!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts