Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after nearly 2 months, my Mustang is back on the road.
(Original post here, update, and final note, oh and an upgrade while I was in there)
Saturday, I finally got the car running again. Got the valves adjusted, slapped the dizzy in, re-dressed the intake manifold wiring, filled the engine with oil and H20, and fired it up. Runs great. Took it to work on Sun AM to pickup my cellphone and checkbook (forgot it there). On the way, about 2 miles from the base, I got on the throttle and POW!, it looked like a large stream of H20 and antifreeze are streaming from the exhaust. My original thoughts are 'Doh, headgasket!'. However, as I am monitoring the water temp guage, I think, "It's GOT to be a hose." Sure enough, the hose between the thermostat housing and Gano Filter (which is oplaced inline ont he upper radiator hose) popped off. Once I got to the office, I clamped it back together and filled with H20. Part of Sunday was spent removing the loose scale from the Gano filter and re-filling the cooling system. All looks great now, as I drove it to work this AM!

Thanks to all who assisted, especially CAmachinist, who's knowledge provides that comfort knowing you're not insane....

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
9/22, location TBD. Should get a hallpass for this one, as it is my B-day!

I am really looking forward to our Porsche Club event on Nov 10th as it will be in my own backyard, Camarillo Airport. I will probably enter the Mustang and our Boxster!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts