Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys and gals,

I know it’s been such a long time since I really checked in that I’m sure some of you thought that I dropped off the end of the earth or even went to that big audit in the sky. I did check in now and then if only to send a PM to Twotoots2, Dickson and Cobrapatrol but now that my “season” is over I realized why I took the previous year off.

That realization was such that I decided to hang up my own shingle and dissolved an 11-year-old partnership. The lawyers just now finished up the details…and that’s all I have to say about that.

Right now, I’m at the cabin up at June Lake (south between Yosemite and Mono Lake) fishing with my son Andre and wrenching on my SVO, which broke down up here during Easter and where it languished until I had time again to get back up here.

We’ve been here since the 2nd and fishing has been great. Andre is getting to be an old pro but nothing in my life can exceed the thrill and joy of watching him catch his first trout. (You dad’s who have been there and done that will excuse me, I hope. The joy of raising this boy will never get stale and I always feel the need to share.)

Andre’s elbow is getting much better and I’ve come up with lots of things to exercise it like hammering nails, golf clubs cut to his size, swimming and everything else that looks like it would help. All that and he still loves to help with the cars.

Now as to the cars, (so I won’t be completely off topic) I should have my SVO ready to go tomorrow. At 375 miles from home, I wasn’t prepared for it to breakdown on my way up here for Easter but it was my own fault in not preparing it properly for high altitude. I tried to mitigate that error by bringing up everything I could think of to make it run. Everything that is, except what was needed.

I brought my tools and then some. I brought the diagnostic computer, the shop manuals, a gasket set, a fuel bowl, plugs, an oil change, timing belt…even another turbo. I brought everything but a fuel pressure regulator. Turns out I was putting out about 70 psi into 35 psi injectors. When the car went down there was gas everywhere including about 2 quarts in with the oil. So a couple days ago I had to drive 25 miles to order the overlooked fuel pressure regulator from the NAPA at Mammoth Lakes and it came in today and has been installed. I was lucky, the guy there told me some guy with a 5.0 was still waiting on a dipstick tube to come in from Tennessee. Tomorrow I’ll change the plugs and oil and we should have liftoff…I hope.
(Can I get a retroactive doofus?)

Anyway, my 67 Coupe has not languished. It’s got 71 2v 302 (with a rod knock)and is soon to be replaced with the properly dated A-code I’ve been gathering and blueprinting. Maybe by October I’ll be ready to put it in. I’m taking my time with it not to savor the fun but because she almost begs to be a trailer queen and I don’t want to go there. Also, it’s kind of hot in Palm Springs and it makes sense to wait for cooler weather.

Gotta run for now, they’re calling me for supper and we’re having steak instead of fried trout, smoked trout, trout almandine, fricasseed trout, or trout foo yung. Yee Haw.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Trout ToFUu?!?!?! Can I come to supper?

Keep on posting and welcome back JTT. I've certainly missed reading your posts here, and as always, appreciate hearing from you via PM's. I'm sure happy you and Andre get to spend quality time together. My kids are getting older, and I barely get to see them, it seems. The family and I did get to go gold panning last Sunday and we got a few miniscule flakes. My 10 year old boy thought that was cool!

Hang around here just a little more often, we always enjoy your presence and can pick your brain on mustang stuff. BTW, have you thought about a carb for your SVO? LOL

·
4,128 Posts
Hey Jim W/B. You have not missed much, same story different day here at the good 'ol VMF. http://www.plauder-smilies.de/multi.gif fd

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Tim,
I like the new picture(s) you put up. Now how did you get the "Parts Rack" to come all the way out from the "Rolling Hills of Virginia" to work on your car?
BTW where's the link to the little bouncy dudes?

·
4,128 Posts
http://a5.cpimg.com/image/87/B1/11107975-01c6-013200F1-.jpg
This that suppose to be a poppy red fastback in the trailer of the semi? ROTFLMAO http://www.plauder-smilies.de/rotfl.gif

BTW Forgot to say that I am glad to hear that all is going well with Andre. http://www.plauder-smilies.de/happy/xyxthumbs.gif fd

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You can come to dinner anytime, Dan. Just bring a pole for the fish and a carb for the SVO...then again, I don't think a carb would work well on a 4-banger even if it is on steroids.

·
4,128 Posts
Plauder Smiles
Yep she is still working on my Mustang, when you no longer see her there in my sig pic that means that my Stang is running. http://www.plauder-smilies.de/jump.gif fd

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Jim, welcome back!!! You've definitely been missed. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Like Dan said, keep on posting, havn't heard from you in a while. Glad you're back, and I'm glad Andre's doing good too! Good luck with the SVO. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Banned
925 Posts
Hi Jim
Good to have you back! You're still welcome to stop by with your SVO on the way back from the lake. Glad to hear Andre is doing well with the fishing; my son Danny never got over being beaten two fish to none by his little sister.../forums/images/icons/tongue.gif Stay in touch!

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
That was Forum Bob's poopy red fastback after Midlife arranged to have it hauled off during the Corn Feed. LOL. We lucked out and snapped the pic somewhere between Topeka KS and Salina on I-70. After the shutter clicked, the truck disappeared off an off ramp. The only vintage mustang we saw other than the real ones at CF2.0.

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
You, Bishir, and some other old friends have resurfaced of late.

Welcom back, prodigal..../forums/images/icons/wink.gif and best to Andre. Dickson

1 - 14 of 14 Posts