Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back from my weeks vacation on the North Carolina Outer Banks. Saw my first outdoor drama "The Lost Colony" and did the usual, family, massive overeating (GOOD Silver Queen corn!) and even managed to ride my bike and exercise every day. I could get used to this....! Well, I'm back, time to catch up on the VMF....I am only 4433 new posts behind/forums/images/icons/wink.gif!

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Thank God ...now i am breathing again /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
Welcome back!

Steve

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
What, you were gone?? I thought you would be at the corn feed at DM eating corn there. But nooo, you took your vacation elsewhere! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif Next year you and DanielGill better both be there./forums/images/icons/smile.gif

G

·
0 Posts
Nice vacation. Been there a few times myself. My grandfather used to have a place in Atlantic Beach. Been a few years though.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Scotty - Pretty place. Spent a week on Hatteras last September - (was there on 9/11, in fact) in Salvo. My wife's family are all NC crackers, so it is kind of a tradition with them to rent a beach house in the late summer. I will be going again in the fall and hope to hook up with Charles T, who also spends part of September there.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cool beans! Wife and myself may go back in November, we like to camp when its mostly deserted and are thinking of making a bicycle trip up or down the Banks... If we move it up to September, we'll be on the lookout for you...CT will be the uptight one with the ugly dog, right??

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Welcome back from one of my favorite places in the USA. We have been going to the Outer Banks for 12 years. We started in Walehead and had moved North every year untill we hit Corolla. We haven't gotten the nerve to stay at to '4X4' beach yet.

We always go on the first week of September, after the crowds die down. It is one of the most relaxing places Iv'e been.

My kids are old enough that we try to do an inshore fishing trip while we are down there. Last year my daughter (4 y\o and youngest on the boat) caught the biggest fish (a 24 +\- " spanish mackeral) and didn't hesitate to remind her brother and cousins of it all week.

I always leave there saying 'I need to live here...'. And back to MI I drive. The 16 hr drive, much longer than the 8 hrs from NJ when we stared, is long, but well worth it. Having grown up on the east coast, Lake Michigan just doesn't do it for me.

I hope you enjoyed it as much as we do.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Its a super place, and you're right, the crowds die WAY down in the fall and winter. I like going in November, still often 70 degrees or so. We were riding our mountain bikes and got caught near Corolla, about 15 MILES from the truck! We'll laugh about it one day/forums/images/icons/wink.gif.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts