Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
85-mile-an-hour brake check this morning on the way in. I was in Toymotor (front disc). Nose dive, guy in front of me goes four wheeling in the median with a bunch of others, I don't know how I didn't smack into the back of the next guy up, but I don't think you could have put your hand between me and his spare tire. My rearview was dominated with the grill of the van behind me. Biggest [email protected] bowtie I've ever seen. I'm convinced I wan't every ounce of kinetic energy to heat conversion I can get. I know that doesn't protect you from the guy behind you, but that's a risk we all take.
Goooooooooooooood morning!

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
You never want your brakes to be worse then the guy in front of you, or better then the guy behind you...

Slade

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
WOW, close call.
gald everything is OK!

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Things happen...only time I get miffed is when the idiot in front of me has a cell phone grafted on his/her ear!

·
Registered
359 Posts
You never want your brakes to be worse then the guy in front of you, or better then the guy behind you...

Slade
I am turning into a old man. After my last car (non-stang) was totaled from a rear ending I have always made sure I accounted for the poor driver behind me. It has saved me 3 wrecks this year alone.

James

1 - 5 of 5 Posts