Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight i was cruizin around and my friend just happened to be in the parking lot of the local starbucks. Im talkin with him and he says he just picked up a 60's merc with a 428. Well, i offered him $1000 for the motor, and he said "ok". So... it looks like im gettin a big block instead of a road runner :). I plan on building this bad boy up to about 600hp ::.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
No Your not stop lying NOW stop, no your not. i know you are but what am I? :p

·
4,134 Posts
before 67gt sees it. :: Gawd only knows what he will do when he finds out. I hope that he does not have your home address. :: Or he may come over and drool on it. :p fd

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol its not pretty yet... but i will post pics :)

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ah cmon john, ill give ya a ride in it when im done ::.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Well to me that is alot of money for a block and crank,cause that is all you will be reusing.

G

·
Glad to hear you got a "28",,But BE FOREWARNED,,,that engine is not a CobraJet,,,all you have bought is a 1UA crankshaft.The heads are nearly identical to the 390 GT heads.The block is bored for a 4.13 piston,,,428,,std.bore.Hope you don't have to bore that puppy,,,,they are dismally thin walls.Many of them will bore only .010 b4 going into the water jackets.I am NOT knocking you'r purchase,,,but that seems like a hell of a lot of money for a big-car 428.I recently bought a 410 Merc. engine(Same 1UA crank) for 325.00.The only thing of value was the crank.Edelbrock aluminum heads with a aluminum intake and headers will wake that engine up fast.(A nice Comp-Cams #268 for LOADS of torque works well too)See where i'm going with this???You have to spend a lot of bucks to "wake" it up,,,but it can be done,,,and you will love the results,,,and TORQUE,,LOL.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts