Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since everyone knows about some of my previous posts, I thought that I'd share this with you. Life is good right now at home. Completely different then 2 weeks ago. She did however say that she had a "BAD" dream about a coworker of mine that called to say that he found a gt350 for 34000 for me. LOL

Seriously, how do you relax when you are working on your project? You know being impatient. You bought a few pieces and time seems to drag on. I see many new pieces just waiting to go on and it is killing me!

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
That's nothing! I told SWMBO what a nice GT350H goes for, and she nearly collapsed. I think if some looney wanted to sell for $34K, I'd have to dump Shari and the Cat, and another $18K or so.

Re: working on the project. I try to find time at least three days a week to do at least ONE thing. That way, I feel like I'm making some progress no matter what else is going on in my life.

·
Registered
14,601 Posts
Try looking at a big box of parts for 6 months. ::
Seriously...Steve is right, just do a little something more often. Actually, all the pictures I've been taking have really helped me stay focused. I can look back on all the progress I've made to date.

Keep in mind that the parts you're talking about are not quicky little "slap them on" upgrades. Let's see: new motor, versi rear, wilwoods, springs, upholstery. Need I go on? ;)

·
Premium Member
4,928 Posts
I know it doesn't help much... but mine was on Jackstands for the better part of 2 years! It really was hard...the 1st year was doing mostly scraping and detail...suspension and related...so I'd go out and work for hours and you couldn't "see" anything I'd done! Talk about trying to say focused!
The second year was Mr.Cut, weld, and prime...So that was a case of "gray" cobbled up mess "every" day... So I went 2 years without even firing the motor longer that to move the car out ...sweep...move it back. Just a bit depressing!!
So all in all...your not in to bad a shape...at least you've been able to drive yours.

It was a "good" experiance....but I'm not sure I'll ever take one down that far again ::

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
So my daughter hangs out with a group of friends, one of whom never quite "gets it". She's sort of the poster child for the group. She's always one step behind, never quite picking up on the inside jokes, always a couple paragraphs behind in conversation.

I FEEL LIKE THAT FRIEND!

So what's going on with you Dan? You selling the fastback or not? Something going on here that everybody knows about but me?

·
Banned
4,774 Posts
6 years & $40K, and thats Me doing most of the work ,What's your problem ? ::

http://home.comcast.net/~whitetopcv/wsb/media/190864/site1009.JPG

http://home.comcast.net/~whitetopcv/wsb/media/190864/site1015.jpg

·
Registered
205 Posts
Hey that rotisserie looks familiar! ::

Darrel
ps: I am getting some work done but not alot the baby and the 2.5 year old are consuming a ton of time. Hopefully soon I will take some vacation time and get the bottom end done.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts