Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to find a 67 Manual (4speed) Power Brake Pedal. Found one a couple weeks a go at auction, and my computer froze up before I was able to put in a final bid. /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

Is this pedal being reproduced? I know the one for Non-powered brakes is, but I haven't seen this one yet...

Anybody know where I can get one? This and the proportioning valve is the last two things I need to complete my disk brake set up for the 67.

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
Um... you DO realize that manual brakes and power brakes are mutually exclusive...? Funny haha?

·
Registered
655 Posts
You might try Mustang's R US. Pat seems to have just about everything used. I don't know if he does mail order though. It's worth a shot.

Mustang's R US
1630 Almaden Rd
San Jose, CA
(408) 998-0103

G

·
0 Posts
The rear proportioning valve was something I had to take in to Mustang Country and have them send it our for a rebuild. It took the rebuilder two tries to get it right. (First try leaked) I did not try to do this one myself. About $80 I think.

·
Administrator
19,342 Posts
It used to be not uncommon to cut the pedal pad mount off your manual pedal and weld it on to the new "power" pedal.
If done properly a valid option. I have spotted one or two swap meet "power" pedals with some big ugly welds on the back of the pad mount. I suspect this procedure sounds simpler to do than it actually is.

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
I believe you can procure an automatic power brake pedal and do what I did. Cut off the wider pedal area, to neck it down to the right size for a manual pedal.

I had that exact problem when I did my auto to stick upgrade. I had purchased a manual drum brake pedal set. I have disk brakes. Pedal pins to master cylinder are different, so I broke out the hacksaw and solved my problem!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts