Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FedEx arrived this morning with the trunk corner I needed. Being the masochist that I am, I waited until the hottest part of the day before going out to work. I welded in the pass side quarterpanel. It could be a little better but definitely not bad for the first time. I am actually quite pleased with my work.

After finishing the welding, I went and picked up some All-Metal and put the first coat on the coach seam. Then I started looking at the windshield and backlight trim. I read a bunch of posts about how miserable that job could be. Of course when I was at the autobody supply house, I forgot to buy the trim removal tool. But, I started looking at the 5-in-1 Painter's Tool painting tool that I bought for my son to do the house (never used of course). Figuring I had nothing to lose besides the windshield and backlight ;) ,I went for it.

WOW! I had front and back trim off in 15 minutes. It even pulls the clips out too. What a bargain for only $5.98 at Home Cheapo.

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
easier thing to do is removing/replacing trim but you have to be careful or you can kink trim. windshield and backlite replacement were easy too. BUT IT WAS MESSY. and you have to take your time. glad you are making progress - makes one feel good.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Hot? In CT? Come spend a day out here with us in the desert. Then you will no what hot is.

Travis

·
Registered
702 Posts
But your heat is better because it is a "dry heat"(HEHE).
We have been having Florida heat for the past week. The temperature and humidity are the same and the air can't hold anymore moisture. As they say in Charlestown,NC a lot
of humility!

·
Registered
165 Posts
its always fun when you can see the air

1 - 5 of 5 Posts