Vintage Mustang Forums banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Just some guy
67 coupe, 69 Sportsroof, 86 hatchback
20,354 Posts
Not a darn thing wrong with inexperience, but if the desire to learn (and do independent research) isn’t demonstrated, people tend to bail on the conversation.
I knew what you meant, really. By amazing coincidence I ran into a young man just this afternoon who had no clue how to tighten his fan belt (or loosen it). Old Chevy. I demonstrated that all you needed was two wrenches, something to pry with, and a little gumption. Simple. No interest, beyond being able to drive away in it. Yep, I bailed on him. Wants to drive around in something 30 years old with basically no money and zero interest in personally keeping it going with his own hands. Yeah. Have good day, life, whatever. Don't come back.

·
Registered
726 Posts
While I agree that I originally thought the posts were someone having fun with us, I soon realized that he is just someone a little different than we have here. Honestly it takes about as much effort to tell someone how to tighten a fan belt as it does to tell someone to go do research.
Most of the time I find people on here to be very helpful. Some are too helpful and share bad information which is bad on a different level. However when I see someone go out of their way to be rude to a new member on here asking for help it really irritates me. There is no "standard" that has to be met. Maybe that person did try to look it up. But didn't search it correctly. Maybe they are a young teen trying to learn how to work in cars without a father figure in their life. Honestly if you can't contribute something more than "go look it up or buy a book" then just don't answer. Otherwise you just make the vintage mustang community look like cliche grumpy old men that would rather give a rhetorhical questions and rude responses than actual advice.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Since he has not posted for a while I can only guess that he became discouraged by the attitude of some posters.
More than likely traded the Mustang for a ricer hoping for a more accepting crowd.:(

41 - 44 of 44 Posts