Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm interested in buying a 1967 Mustang fastback. Looking for a high quality rotisserie restoration on an original car with following equipment; 289 A code or 390, 4 speed, GT option and deluxe interior. If you have a car like this or know someone that does I'd appreciate you letting me know.
Thank you for looking at my ad,

mike 52

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nice to meet you also. There is a principal which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep man in everlasting ignorance – That principle is contempt prior to investigation. Herbert Spencer. I'll beg your pardon, excuse me for being new to the site but scammer??? Wow, you do have too much time on your hands. If I'm ever looking to appoint someone god in my life I'll check in with you. For now, I forgive you. Stay Safe.

·
Premium Member
11,798 Posts
'67 and '68 Fastbacks are in big demand now. If I had a few to sell I would certainly not need to go looking for Want-To-Buy ads on the internet. I am certain that a Want-To-Sell ad would bring buyers running to my door. So I also would be suspicious of somebody's first post on a forum being a response to a want to buy ad.

And FWIW: a foreign member of this forum was looking for some rare parts for his Mustang and placed a Want-To-Buy ad here. A person's first post on this forum was a response that he had the parts for sale. It just so happened that the seller claimed to be in 4ocious' neck of the woods and 4ocious went out of his way to make contact with the seller to go see the parts and of course it turned out to be a scam. So I would say 4ocious has a pretty good nose for sniffing out scams and I'll back him up any day of the week!

·
Super Moderator
9,752 Posts
Did you find a ride yet? I might have a few options for you.

Vic, I’m interested, what options do you have?

·
Registered
7,744 Posts
I could possibly be convinced to sell my 67 GT 390 complete rebuild with the best parts in amazing condition. Many many posts about me and the build here on this forum.

·
Super Moderator
9,752 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,280 Posts
And just like that Vic no longer has any available options,......
I wasn't going to say anything until after a few more days, but yeah, you probably have that right. What boggles my mind is that even if legit that's no way to enter a forum with a first post. How in the world did he think it was going to appear waltzing in here like that?

·
Just some guy
67 coupe, 69 Sportsroof, 86 hatchback
20,462 Posts
For what it's worth I saw no reason to attack him right off for his first post. Second post was pretty far out there though. Sometimes you got to just see where it goes. More that a few members here came across as fairly loony to start with. And a couple immediately come to mind that stayed that way. I like to give people at least a chance before accusing them if they haven't rang the usual spam alarms. Israel has the idea.

Reactions: myfirstcar66

·
Premium Member
6,280 Posts
For what it's worth I saw no reason to attack him right off for his first post. Second post was pretty far out there though. Sometimes you got to just see where it goes.
But that's just the thing. Because of private conversations we may never know where it goes, and where it could go is one or more of our members getting taken to the tune of hundreds (if not thousands) of dollars if a post like that goes unchallenged, and I mean immediately. In my opinion a first post like that one (and particularly just like that one) should be questioned right now, before some unwitting soul buys in. That challenge was both a test for the OP and a warning for members to be cautious. The OP could have responded in many different and positive ways, but just look what was chosen. Okay though. Out of respect for you in the future I'll endeavor to keep my suspicions to myself. Gonna be hard though, when I get a whiff of yesterday's fish it's hard for me not to say I think something stinks. ;)

·
Premium Member
3,990 Posts
There may be a "medium" setting when it comes to barbecuing new posters. I can't stand a thief or a liar. I'm not shy. I call people out on stuff all the time (23 year cop) but I can do it with finesse to avoid unnecessary confrontation and still get the info I need. If you do it right, you can even insult someone and they'll not even begin to wonder if they were til days later. Compliments are tasty to people with big mouths, too. Try it. It's fun.

Reactions: 4ocious

·
Just some guy
67 coupe, 69 Sportsroof, 86 hatchback
20,462 Posts
4ocious will you PLEASE stop quoting spammers?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm interested in buying a 1967 Mustang fastback. Looking for a high quality rotisserie restoration on an original car with following equipment; 289 A code or 390, 4 speed, GT option and deluxe interior. If you have a car like this or know someone that does I'd appreciate you letting me know.
Thank you for looking at my ad,

mike 52
Have 1970 with 351 Windsor in South Bend IN

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
hello guys
am looking for a Mustang 1967 or 1968 fast back for a project with reasonable price

if any one selling please let me know

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
I answered an add a few days ago on craigslist in s florida for fastbacks for sale and was told 12g s and up for junk if 67 or 68

·
Registered
2 Posts

Sorry about that. I do exist and build classic mustangs from shells to the finished product, you say when to stop. The covid-13 has many people home considering their projects so I have been slammed with work. Two fresh 5 star reviews are on google. Israel, to answer your question we have found good success in a nitch market of building Roller Shells. The shell, body parts , fenders, hood, and trunk lid (gapped) included, we slap on a IFS, rack and pinion, the wilwood all around and finish it out with a watts link on fully adjustable coil overs on a 9". The Roller Shell, All brand new metal built in the USA, Options Include:
  • Tubbed Wheel Wells
  • Smoothed Engine Compartment firewall
  • Custom engine compartment panels
  • Lower seat rails (can be moved back also)
  • Side fill fuel system
  • Mota Lita Steering Wheel
  • Ididit Steering Column
Ready for pick up in about 2 to three months after the commitment. I'm president of Big Daddy's Motor Cars in Morgan Hill California and happy to help. Sorry I couldn't respond to you sooner sometimes I have to go the way the wagon pulls me.

FYI, Roller Shells are typically not for the enthusiast who enjoys rust repair and restoration of old parts. No Pun intended, they give you a rolling start on assembly dramatically reducing the time it takes to get behind the wheel.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts