Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, I can't take it anymore... I really can't. I can't even log onto this forum anymore because I can't play with my cars, and this forum reminds me of my cars... We have had measurable precipitation now for the past 9 days. There was 2 days of dry that broke up an otherwise 34 day total of rainy days out of 36. they always say summer doesn't start til July 4th in the pacific northwest, because it rains so much, well, guess what... We are into almost the middle of august and IT'S STILL RAINING. I don't get it. . . all this rain, and 80 degree days has made for a humid mess. I keep hearing how there were 107 degree highs in australia last summer for them, and now apparently England is hitting the 100's and California nd all of that dessert and southwest has been plagued by heat and drought. WELL WHERE'S MINE?!?! All I have been getting is thunderstorms and rain showers and more clouds that just sprinkle enough to ruin your windshield vision and make it hard to drive. I have yet to go to a single car show since Carlisle, and while there have been areas around here that haven't had as much rain as I speak of, I seem to be attracting a system of thunderstorms and rain clouds overtop of Washington County, PA. This is insane. I have an engine block in my garage and just had the crank polished and it was oiled with assembly lube, but low and behold, it had small spots of orange on it, sitting protected, because of the humidity and the fact that we just can't seem to dry up any.

I could go on for days about my anger and grief over this whole past 365 days almost. I shoudl ahve known it wasn't my time when last september we had record setting lows and through october hardly broke 50 degrees, followed by one of the worst winters in a while... Summer comes and the rain doesn't quit, nothing but moisture and humidity and rotten hay and straw, and mold, and rusty steel, and the worst part of it all...

No way to work on the mustangs...

*steps down from the podium*

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
I feel for you, buddy. Here in Sacramento it rains non stop from December to March. By the time the sun finally comes out I'm so sick of rain it gets downright depressing. But at least we can count on the sun comming out by May and not seeing another rain cloud again until October. After setting the record for the hottest July in recorded history this year, we've had an absolutely gorgeous August, so far (knock on wood).

·
Registered
709 Posts
I know what you mean. All winter it snowed then thawed, snowed then thawed. Then it rained in the spring, rained some more, and wait, it still hasn't stopped! I've only been able to take my boat out once all year and put a total of only say 500 miles on the Mustang compared to almost 8000 miles last year.
-Brian

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
I thought you might be serious for a moment... too bad. It's pretty darn nice here right now.

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
What is this RAIN?::

Just a recommendation, the pacific northwest isn't the best place to move to if you are driven to get away from precipitation. you may want to move here. Land is cheap, you aren't too far from civilization and it doesn't rain much...

·
Premium Member
1,287 Posts
the weather here in pittsburgh (rain,rain,and more rain)is the only positive thing about me breaking my ankle and being in a cast unable to enjoy my summer.
russ

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
Well, if that's what you want, you should try Ken's stomping grounds.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah Mr. Carter, that was my point. At least up there you know by the begining of july the rain will stop. Right now, I have no clue when this mess will stop. What got me started on this rant was a helicopter ride I took last Saturday. The ride was cut short because of a nasty looking line of clouds coming at us. No where to go but back. It kinda really pushed me over the edge because if I am not in a car, then up in the air is second best. Especially a 4 seater helicopter with no doors. No doors, nothing but air for 1000 feet before the ground. It's truely a rush.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ouch, broken ankles are not fun at all. I hope you got that thing set right so it won't give your trouble later. Eh, well, I might as well have a broken ankle too. I haven't got to go anywhere near any mustang but my dailydriver 94 since a week before Carlisle. I haven't washed my daily driver 94 mustang since May. No need to wash it when it gets rained on every single day. Today is being nice so far, but I wouldn't know, after lunch here, I have to wetsand out a beamer. :(

·
Premium Member
2,511 Posts
Just wait. Since it sounds like your weather has been pushed back in the calender year, for Christmas this year you will enjoy 80 degree weather!! :: ::

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I'll join you in your move west. I too am sick of all the rain Pittsburgh is getting. When do you want to pack and go?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts