Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been 4 months since i found my car. found it in Boulder City, NV. At 3:20 P.M. eastern I took possesion.
What do i do now? I don't really know. There is so much i want to do, but $$$ will keep me in check. The car runs great engine sounds good and strong, found very little rust. Tranny does seem to slip from 2nd - 3rd.
I wish i had enough to get rid of this AMC Marine Green color.

http://www.garza.ws/passengerside.jpg

·
Administrator
13,018 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Welcome! You will learn a lot here!
Very nice car! Looks like there is nothing to do on it! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
yah, why the hell do you want to paint that car a different color?

K

·
0 Posts
Color looks fine to me....now those wheels..../forums/images/icons/laugh.gif/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif/forums/images/icons/wink.gif

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
welcome!

Let me make a guess, your profile says your from Lansing, Michigan and you buy a car out in Boulder City, Nevada and your not exactly happy with the paint. You wern't by any chance trying to find a rust free mustang? I grew up in cleveland ohio and still have childhood memories of seeing a mustang folded in half from rust.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Nice looking 1967 Mustang! I also like the color. Consider converting to disc brakes to help protect that beautiful sheet metal.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Welcome, If you stay long enough you won't be able to leave. This is an addiction!
By the way i'm in Holland Michigan

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Some planned upgrades. 1. Paint Original color Night Mist blue. Door tag 65A K 2B 10M 17 O W 2. Front disc brake conversion.
The Car. The picture really makes the color look better than it does. The car is solid from what it can tell. Please someone tell me where to look for trouble spots.
I have looked inside, outside, underneath in the trunk, under the hood. Found 2 rust spots under the hood. I may just not be looking close enough.

·
Premium Member
1965 Coupe
2,751 Posts
Welcome from Fenton, MI. From the picture it looks like a very nice buy. I'll be watching for you on I96.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Welcome aboard!! Beautiful car!!! If you do a search on rust, panels and weld you will probably find tons about rust problem areas, but the cowls are the main area to investigate. Enjoy your time on the board, great people here and a wealth of knowledge among them.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Welcome, and have fun. Some places to check for rust: Cowl around vents under dash, behind kick panels and floor pans, outer wheelhouses behind rear wheels, around rear spring shackle in back. Hopefully, being a Nevada car, it won't be too severe (or will have been taken care of.

G

·
0 Posts
I like the car, looks like its got some nice paint even if its not a color you love. Hope to catcha cruising in the area, always nice to see more classics around the Lansing area.

G

·
0 Posts
Run! Run as fast as you can! Once you've been here for a short while, you'll never get out alive! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

But seriously, welcome to the best place on earth for vintage Mustang information. I like the color of your car as well, but I know how the camera can lie. After all, people think my car looks nice, but I know better. /forums/images/icons/blush.gif

·
Beach Bum
5,694 Posts
Welcome to VMF

1 - 16 of 16 Posts