Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... shouldnt there be more attached to this piece?

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jcmeyer5/current/plugs.jpg

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Just a little piece at the end, but don't worry you'll probably find it in the head. Add a little two part epoxy and you'll be good-to-go.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Yea, I wouldn't worry about using the epoxy. Take out the other piece with a hammer and chisel.... :: ::

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
SOMEBODY has been changing plugs with a normal socket.....

OK....who is it?

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
why are you using german spark plugs in your pony? shame on you ::

·
Registered
6,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You are almost right. I took the rubber insulator out of the plug socket because the engine was hot and I didnt want to burn my fingers trying to get the socket off the spark plug.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
By the fact that you have moved on to the spark plugs, I gotta assume that you have the AOD up and running...or gave up and moved onto something else :p ;) Did you figure out the shift linkage(not going into park?)Also...when you have Denver get that rear-end together for you,let me know if I can help out with transporting it for you. Cleveland is only an hour or so away, and if you want, I could pick it up and meet you half way with it or something(would be about 1 1/2 hrs for you.)PM me and let me know...

Joe

·
Registered
6,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nope. AOD is in and happy. I adjusted the shifter so I can get to park, but now I cant get to 1st. I know the adjustment I have to make to get it right, I just havent done it yet. Once I get the 3.89's in there... whoa baby!!

I would take you up on the transport deal, but I already paid him for shipping. It's no biggie, and since he got slammed with the power outages, its no telling when it will be ready. I just hope he gets his power back sometime soon.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts