Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know better than to post a parts wanted ad here, but have found nothing in the parts for sale. All I need is a dip stick and tube and a timing pointer for a 72 351W. If anybody can point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it. Trying to get the car done in 8 days before JBStang gets home from Australia. Ford discontinued and all the junk yard has are still on the cars in four feet of spikey weeds and no way to jack up the front. (Not worth the effort!!)

Sorry and thanks.

JB

·
Premium Member
11,703 Posts
The dipstick tube should just pull out. Take the bolt out of the top retainer and just work at it. It will come out. If it breaks off, go to the next car without making too much noise about it.

Or... I got mine new from a local vendor. I don't know which one, but most Mustang shops should have them. Try Mustangs Plus or [http://www.mustangdepot.com]Mustang Depot[/url] or maybe NPD.

I just saw them listed at www.sacramentomustang.com

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
Motorsport makes a chrome replacement tube, usually obtainable at your local speed shop.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts