Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 66 Coupe is gonna be for sale soon but I dont have a value on it. its got a new paint job and new interior (custom) 17" coys wheels warmed over engine
new headers and exhaust it needs a lot of little things tranny is leaking but Shifts hard think its a dip stick o ring couple trim pieces need install needs a dash cover its sitting in my buddys paint shop for a year while I have been trying to run my business I want to sell it fast but dont wanna get screwed
its an ac car (not in it) factory console car disk brake car all rubber and fuzzies have been replaced new windshield.

based on what I have written can someone give me an estimate...please.

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
lots of questions! has it ever been used in a salty climate in the winter,does cowl leak? could i jump in it and make a 1k trip without doing anything except check fluids? IS IT GOOD,GREAT, OR FANTASTIC PAINT JOB OVER A FLAWLESS BODY? is interior in decent shape or been redone? could go for 3k up to 12k depending on a lot of variables. wes

·
Registered
844 Posts
And where are you located?

·
Registered
379 Posts
pics would probably help as well...

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Semi-sarcastic but totally true answer: Its worth what someone will pay for it. Its not like you are going to sell it and then find out it was worth 20K more. I would look on e-bay or craigslist and see what similar cars are going for.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Semi-sarcastic but totally true answer: Its worth what someone will pay for it. Its not like you are going to sell it and then find out it was worth 20K more. I would look on e-bay or craigslist and see what similar cars are going for.
That doesn't sound sarcastic to me. In fact, in this economy and market, that cliche' may have never in my lifetime been more true.

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
WAG - $10 to $15K. Bottom of that range if you are in a big hurry. People don't like cars that have drivability problems.

·
Registered
563 Posts
it would have to be a super nice coupe to get anywhere close to $15,000 around these parts. In fact, $10,000 is probably a lot closer to the high range.

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts
You haven't told us enough. Is a C code, A code, converted T code or? How fresh is the drivetrain? Is it rare in any way? If you don't want to give it away you should complete all of the little things and then sell it. Do your homework & check out asking prices on similar vehicles. I think the $ 10k - $ 15k price quote above is very generous.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts