Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
I agree, and lousy workmanship to boot! I never understood why anyone would put so much time on money on the exterior of the car and then have the engine compartment look like this one does.

K

·
0 Posts
You guys are missing the point of this car. Sure its ugly and has poor workmanship but it was for a movie. Theaterical productions don't need great close-up quality especially in a car. And the ad also states that only two were built due to budget constraints, which also means this car was built with minimum money thus the lack of decent interior and concern of engine detail.

They did ruin a decent 69 but nothing too bad....it can be fixed. I just wouldn't want to pay their premium, for a movie car, just to change it back.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
It could've been a lot worse. Look what "Ted Moser, the next living legend in car building," did to a '66-'67 GTO.

http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/i/de/aut//xxx29.gif

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
Wow. I HATE the eleanor thing, but I can't believe I disagree with everyone about this car.

The exterior is so close to a stock 69 FB Im surprised they paid the "customizer" anything.

And complaining about the engine compartment? It's an engine compartment. Who says the car has to be a show car?

·
Registered
311 Posts
sorry, i really like the ebay one. except for the poor quality of it and those wierd lower intake scoops in front of the rear wheels, it looks awesome (to me).

that Ted Moser one is the ugliest car i've ever seen in my entire life though. looks like Barney the purple dinosaur took a huge shiny dump.

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
that Ted Moser one is the ugliest car i've ever seen in my entire life though. looks like Barney the purple dinosaur took a huge shiny dump.
HEH.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
I have to disagree. It's a pretty nice looking custom job that combines a modern look with a touch of the '70s disco look. Yes, the lower scoops have to go but at least the hood isn't totally obnoxious like the "E" hood. A new air cleaner, a scrub brush and a can of paint will do wonders for the engine compartment. It might not have the best interior, but it does have a high dollar Air Ride suspension.

I am a little worried about the "18 inch Torch Thruster Wheels " :rofl:

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
I like the color of the paint. Also, interesting hood treatment. The scoops are little much, as is the front valance. the rear lights look like what you see on hot rodded 30s coupes. I guess the owner didn't like it either, since it is for sale. What totally bums me out is that it is already 3,000 more than the highest bid I got on eBay for my 70! I guess the next time I need to sell a car I should hang scoops the size of airplane hangers all over the car then ask for 20k. There is no way in the world that car is even close to the quality of my 70. :pissed: :pissed: :pissed:

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Even Chip Foose said that you can't do much to the 69/70 body style to make it look any better.

Dan
I hope he meant that in a good way, as in "its sooo great now you can't improve it," not a "nothing can help it" way.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
The only thing I like is the hood on that car. It looks like a classic version of the original 05 mustang concept. Otherwise I think that car is ugly. The movies have been ruining our cars by "customizing" them for years now (I prefer to call it "sodomizing" them but that's another story.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
I do not like ricestangs. The idiots in Hollywood just don't get it. What makes Mustangs great and popular is....well simply the Mustang. No ricing is necessary. They may have to do all kinds of crazy mods to a Honda or Toyota to make it memorable as a movie car but not so with Mustangs. There were plenty of factory offerings that need nothing added to them. If they are going to use a modded car why not do mods that most WOULD do to a Mustang. One more piece of evidence that Hollywood has no idea what the real world is like and that is why they are having trouble at the box office.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I agree, Ronstang. I just saw "War of the Worlds" on DVD and at the very beginning the Tom Cruise character on his way home from work is four-wheel drifting his '66 Shelby. I'm thinking, he drives this way every day, just getting home from work?!! Two hours later and I'm thinking it had all been downhill from there. It would have been a better movie if it had been 120 mins of Tom Cruise drifting the Shelby. At least Spielberg had the sense not to mess with look of the car. Imagine, subtlety in a Spielberg movie. First time for everything I guess.

·
Registered
7,295 Posts
Hmmm... I dont know what my opinion is. I am a mod guy myself - but this car does not seem that modded to me... Hmm... just torn on the whole issue. I know that I dont like that cheesy taillight panel/cover thing though... other than that - I think I am leaning towards the "it's not too bad" column.....

sorry Feex... :peeping:

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
OMG....they ruined one of our brothers. :puke:

What a complete waste of time, money, and most of all, a classic car. :no:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts