Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Won't be driving the Shelby, but would love to hook up with cloney, and meet the other guys in the area... I was thinking about first or second weekend in Sept...

Anyone interested in getting together for a lunch or something one of those Saturdays?

-bob

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Love to but...

Work takes one of those and I have a grandmother in Ft. Dodge who is moving into a home, and with family here and all I don't think I better.

After reading about the cruise nights from Cloney, I though it would be fun to invade one of KC's cruise nights with some of the local VMF'ers after having lunch there. Just a thought.

How far would that be?

·
Premium Member
7,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
KC is about a 3 hr drive... I wonder if they do cruise nights after labor day? I do agree that would be fun to do... maybe Alan over in Omaha could meet up with us as well - wives gotta love KC - they'll spend all of our money at the Plaza!!!

-bob

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
I will attempt to be there when dates are finalized. We should be able to find a cruise night somewhere...

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
I love the idea! - Would be happy to "burn some meat on the grill" for the group, or whatever!

The best Mustang cruise is the 4th Saturday. There are "others" all the time of course. The Goodguys show is the 3rd weekend in Sept - would be fun to go as a group & spectate - not practical to enter all our cars at $60 a pop!! ::

I'm open to ideas - sounds like fun!!! ::

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
It's pretty far for me. 5 hours from here so I don't think I can make the trip, especially not with my Mustang. Too far for the old Beast.

Only a "maybe" at this point...we'll see.

I'll watch the plans as they develop and try to make it work. Cloney's 'KC' BBQ idea sounds great!
~jeff

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Don't forget the Ottawa show is going on the same weekend as the Goodguys show. If its like last year it would be more fun than the Goodguys show. They close off the streets of downtown and cruise the boulevard. Last year there was close to 1000 cars...

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
The VMC's last cruise night is Sept 27. Also on Sept. 6 is the Concours d'Elegance if you want to see something other than Mustangs, yes I know, why? :) :)

Here is a site you can find when some of the cruises are:

http://clubs.hemmings.com/frameset.cfm?club=acckc

·
Premium Member
7,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm thinking about the weekend of the 20th... pretty sure that's when I'll be coming down...

-bob

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
SWMBO was looking forward to a trip to KC but we'll have to catch the trip another time, we have a show in Ft Dodge on the 20th. Too many family members in the area expecting to see us.

Do a trial run on Cloney's burgers for me.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
The 20th and the 21st...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts