Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 67 conv that has a rusty frame. My question is: Can I use a 68 coupe frame to replace the 67?
Nisel (beginner)

Premium Member
19,225 Posts
A frame? Are you talking about the underside rails that appear to be a frame? Actually, the car is a unibody structure, where almost everything is welded together. The unibody structure of a convertible is beefed up relative to a coupe/fastback, and it is generally not recommended to swap unibodies, due to expense, welding, etc. Much better to start with a better 'vert unibody and transfer your stuff over.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts