Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my DashTops cover for my '69 sportsroof today from NPD. I must say that I'm very impressed with this product. I took "a gamble" on the $60 glue on dash cover instead of forking out the big bucks for a new new dash pad. I pre-fitted it at lunch today, and it looks fantastic.

Just thought I'd let others know that the $60 glue on dash cover is a great alternative to the expensive as hell '69 dash pads.

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
Hey John. I have installed two of those things on our two 69 Mustangs. I paid around $75 for the one on the SportsRoof and it had the little depression along the leading edge of the dash just like the stock Ford dash pad. The one I put in my convertible cost around $60 and it has a round leading edge (nobody notices that it's wrong except me). Does the NPD one have the rounded edge or the 3/4" "groove" along the front edge?

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Yes, I got one last year and the fit is fantasic, lots of people , even at shows think it is a new dash pad.I am happy with mine
Don

·
Registered
8,660 Posts
be careful if you have to take your dash pad out of the car. it didn't take much for my cover to crack on the ends of the dash pad cover. i hope your glue sticks longer than mine. about a year and my glue started detaching from the center right above the stereo and it spread like cancer. i will be buying another and try to do it over again. they do look nice though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts