Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any impromptu car shows in the area besides the circuit of the Americas Coffee and Cars? There used to be several but seemed to have fallen apart.

·
Premium Member
7,057 Posts
I just came back from a whole week vacation in Texas, nice weather all week, and I saw nobody crusing their classics. Very disappointing.

·
Registered
1965 Mustang Fastback 289-2V, 3-Speed M/T
189 Posts
I just came back from a whole week vacation in Texas, nice weather all week, and I saw nobody crusing their classics. Very disappointing.
Where in Texas did you go? It’s been raining lot here in San Antonio for the last couple of weeks but that didn’t stop me from driving around in between showers last weekend.

·
Registered
1966 Mustang C Code and 1973 Mach I 351c v2
138 Posts
Where in Texas did you go? It’s been raining lot here in San Antonio for the last couple of weeks but that didn’t stop me from driving around in between showers last weekend.
Is there still car night at Bif's in San Antonio? I know it used to be a cool spot for a Friday night for classic cars. I used to go there with my first 66 mustang I had.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Is there still car night at Bif's in San Antonio? I know it used to be a cool spot for a Friday night for classic cars. I used to go there with my first 66 mustang I had.
Their website still shows that it is going on every Friday night. I have not been there for a while though. There is also a regular meet at the Whataburger at Loop 1604 and NW Military every Friday Night.

·
Premium Member
13,764 Posts
Tonight (weather permitting) is the Classics at the Classic first Saturday night of the month gathering at Storm's Drive-In in Lampasas. There may only be 1 or 2 cars there and maybe 5 or 6 will show up.

·
Premium Member
7,057 Posts
I was in and around San Antonio and Austin for a week, doing the tourist stuff mainly. Most of the storms were at night when I was there. Got into some stormy weather on my way home. Back home in Alabama now.

·
Registered
1966 Mustang C Code and 1973 Mach I 351c v2
138 Posts
Their website still shows that it is going on every Friday night. I have not been there for a while though. There is also a regular meet at the Whataburger at Loop 1604 and NW Military every Friday Night.
I will have to drive out there one of these week-ends. I am in Pleasanton, about 45 miles south of SA.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Don't know if you have seen this, however, I received an email from Hagerty advising "The Great Race" will be starting in San Antonio on June 19. Should be a lot of old cars out for that... The Great Race » 2021 Route

·
Registered
189 Posts
I was in and around San Antonio and Austin for a week, doing the tourist stuff mainly. Most of the storms were at night when I was there. Got into some stormy weather on my way home. Back home in Alabama now.
Wish I knew you were in town...it would have been great to meet you. I read a lot of your posts. You are right though, not too many classics to be seen on the road here even when the weather is nice.

·
Dimples
6,000 Posts
I can’t speak for the whole Lone Star state, but despite having a ton of rain, we’ve been driving. I say “we”, because we had a great turnout at the local cruise night.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I’m in Lavernia and see them all the time. There is a green 67 fastback that always seems to be going the opposite direction than I am when cruising through town.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Copperas Cove, near Further Hood, has a monthly meet for all cars new and old. I have seen about 50 people there in the past. I cant remember which day it is though. Its like the first friday or saturday.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I just learned a fellow VMF member came to Texas and never told us he was coming. Very disappointing.

Reactions: myfirstcar66

·
Premium Member
7,057 Posts
I did !! I did tell !! I just didn't make a specific thread about it...and unfortunately we weren't driving the Mustangs this time.
I'm kinda funny about telling the world when I'll be away from home, partially because of the nature of my work, and only one VMF member has actually been here but it probably wouldn't be hard to figure out where it is. The VMF crowd would be the least of my worries when it comes to this place.
We LOVED Texas...what we got to see of it...
We spent a lot of time around the Riverwalk and a half day at The Alamo, a half day around UT, a day at the historic Market Square area, tried lots of different restaurants, my son and I bought our next pairs of boots, and we have season passes for Six Flags so we spent a full day riding everything we could there....
Mainly, we were just a family doing things together and visiting a place we never have but hopefully will again. Now, y'all gotta come see Alabama the Beautiful.

Reactions: Crank_It_Up
1 - 15 of 15 Posts