Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was downright twilite zone stuff. We took our daughter down to San Jose State today to move her into the dorm (she'll be attending as a freshman this year). When we get there, most kids have their names on their doors with these goofy muppet characters on a sign, but Steph's name is not on her door. She mentions it to the Resident Assistant, and he says he'll get a sign with her name made up and put on her door. We go off and do other activities and such and come back a couple hours later to find this name sign on her door. Keep in mind, that the people making up the sign have no clue that she owns and drives a blue '69 Mustang, and yet that's what appears on her door.
http://www.classic-mustang.net/ReadersRides/stephstang.jpg

Is that bizarre or what? Now she does have a coupe and the picture is a sportsroof, and her blue is darker than the picture on her door, but we blown away about it the rest of the day, especially when the rest of of the door signs had nothing to do with cars, or any particular them that we could determine.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Wow is that weird. Does she have a friend that is staying in the dorm or has she driven the car to school. If she did, it makes a pretty big impression on the have nots, than it does the haves.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
On her application for school and for a parking permit did she give them her car info, or favorite hobbies and objects?

·
Registered
810 Posts
On that same thought... did she attend any kind of orientation get-together or have conversations with anyone at the school between her acceptance and move in? A fact like that sticks out. My father hosts a picnic every August for incoming freshmen at his Alma Mater - and things like "I drive a classic Mustang" get noted.

·
Premium Member
5,239 Posts
Sounds to me like you need to find out who made the sign. Probably shares the same interests in old stangs.

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
Too cool ! Talk about make someone feel welcomed !

Guess they'd run out of the "Tickle me Elmo" signs blanks.....

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
All the rest of the signs are just a collage (sp ?) of muppet characters. Steph's is the only one on the floor that's not. We've not gotten her a parking permit yet (won't until the car goes down), and so noone at that school had prior knowledge of any sort that she drives a '69 Mustang.

I agree with daves67ss. Steph needs to find out who made that sign. Whoever it was, HAS to be all right!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts