Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having problems with my 70 Mach 1 tach. I know its wired correctly as it works below 2k fine. When it hits 2k it stops like it is pinned. Is there any way to check an in dash tach. I am running Pertronix but have not heard ever having issues . Where do I start?

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
I had a mallory unilite conversion when I had a tach dash in with no problems. Make sure that your lead wire goes to the positive side of the coil, I made that mistake.

G

·
0 Posts
i thought the factory tach cars [70] had the wiring going thru the ing switch,i diden`t think that would
work if you hooked it up to the coil like an aftermarket tach??is there a change from 69 to 70?
i had a Boss 429 that had the same tach problem, ok at idle but stoped at around 3,500
i had to have the tach rebuilt
i thought all mustangs had a resistance wire built into the ing feed to the coil
Dave

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It does have the resistance wire but one side of the Tach (red/green stripe) connects to the + side of the coil. I a sure its not the wiring. I will have to have the Tach checked out this winter. Its just weird it works fine up to 2K.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts