Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wanting to find out if I have these two 67 Mustangs priced right. I also would love to find out more detailed information as far as the red 67 goes. I have the VIN but I am none to familiar with how to decode VIN's. Any help and any feedback would be more then appreciated. I am asking 6200.00 for the green one and 7100.00 for the red with white stripes. I am going to post them on Ehay and just wondered if I might be shooting for to much? Thanks for your time.
VIN# 7F01C167392

http://bookworx.com/1967%20Red%20Mustang.htm
http://bookworx.com/1967%20Green%20Mustang.htm

·
Premium Member
11,700 Posts
I'd say your significantly high on both cars, but e-bray can sometimes work miracles.

The rust on the green one is scary.

The paing on the red on looks like a cheap job that would have to be redone soon.

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
I was going to say.....looks like a pretty bad paint job on the red one.

I wouldnt pay that much either one of these completely unremarkable cars.

·
Registered
150 Posts
It is hard to say what the 'stangs would bring in other areas where the economy might be stronger but around here (MI), I think the green would be a struggle for $3000, the red, also a struggle, for $6000.

Tom

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
strongly recommend that you or the owners clean them up some. They are filthy, esp the red car's engine compartment. The interior of the green one looks like its been in a flood.

Just a $100 or so in cleaning supplies and some carpet/seat covers could be repaid many times over in the sale price. Its that first impression, you know. :)

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Personally, i wouldn't pay that much for them. The green one has some missing sheet metal in the engine compartment which makes me wonder about the rest of the car. The green one isn't exactly rare, and just because it has original interior doesn't mean anything if the interior is wrecked.

But like it was said, you can post on evilbay and see what happens, and you can possibly end up on the VMF as a "Look at this "rare" car" post.

Slade

·
Premium Member
11,700 Posts
I was not so much concerned about the amount of rust that is visible, but rather with the location. With holes rusted through up there the rest of the car is likely pretty rotten too.

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
I agree that your prices are a bit high. I'd say $2000 for the green one and perhaps $3000 for the red.

Just curious about something – why do you describe the green one as "rare?" This has got to be the most inappropriate and over-used word to describe an old, used car! (No offense intended.)

·
Registered
8,476 Posts
I tend to agree with the prior posts...2 unremarkable cars (read un-rare). The red one's interior looks ok but the rest of the car appears average. My guess $4000-4500 tops around here. The green one's visible rust holes would cause me to be very cautious. Rust free, that car might bring as much as $3500 around here...rusty means less. Oh, and loose those Pep Boys hub caps.

·
Premium Member
3,637 Posts
I agree with others. Neither are worth the asking price as is. As coupes, and at those prices they should should already be restored and VERRY clean.

BTW, How much for the Yellow Mach1?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well thanks for all of the "negative" feedback.. honest? Maybe.. but either way im not trying to sell any cars via VMF. I figured I could get some honest opinions hence the reason im here. I do realize the green one is not of the greatest shape but compared to most of the "coupes" I have seen.. these both are in excellent condition for there age. No they are not mint or brand new but as far as the rust factor goes they are both flawless and for something that is almost four decades old.. either way for those of you who gave an honest opinion thank you, for those of you being morons, dont know what to tell ya. As for the car next to it, that is a clone of a Mach 1 and they want 6500.00 out of it. Way over priced for what it is from my perspective anyhow.

Shawn

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
to be honest , the paint on both of them didnt look all that bad to me.. when i was looking for mustangs before i purchased mine, i couldnt find anything with new or GOOD/great paint for ANYTHING UNDER 5 thousand. mind you i do live in san jose, where EVERYTHNG Is major expensive... the only concerns for me would be how well they are mechanically, and how well they drive, brake etc. id say though, thay they ARE a bit over priced thats for sure. id say that around here, the red one could catch 5k at most , and the green, maybe 3500/4k or so. i bought mine for 3k, with crappy paint, and not in very good running order, and the interior and engine bay were a NIGHTMARE. at the time, i looked at it as a bit of a deal compared to what i was finding to be honest haha.

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
Red car:

"This Mustang is nearly perfect in every way, with brand new interior, ..., and a slick paint job "

new interior? Not the carpet, and the rear seat looks bad. Slick paint? Needs a lot rubbing and touch-up. Dented quarters! Like the others said, You're shooting high, but [censored] may get it, but I'd suspect you'll have problems when a prospective owner inspects the car. The car's stripes limit the possible buyer, and the descrepancies between your glowing description, and the photos makes one wonder what things are wrong with the car you're covering up. Be more honest. To be worth $11k that car will need several thousand, more than 2, more than 3, more than ...,

Green Car:

"...beautiful and rare ... The only thing that has been changed to this car from as far as WE can tell is that it has been painted and there are different rims... excellent condition."

beautiful? Inconsistant with chips, rust and torn details description. There's more tears than just the driver's seat. Original except for...? Did you look at the engine? What of the clearly after market items on the engine? Quoting NADA price guides as to value should be for a car in the same condition. Parts of the interior are obviously missing. Bad heater core. more and more and...

Shawn, your post infers you're an inexperienced individual, yet your links are to a professional business brokerage site indicating a professional. Your ineffective, inappropriate use of NADA pricing guides and descriptions varying from observed conditions not only insults the sensibilities, but further casts "the used car salesman" sense. This appears as blatant advertising scam; something this forum has a history of frowning on. I'm surprised it's been allowed to remain here-in for as long as it has. ::

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Shawn,

You came to a place and basically asked a "whats it worth" question. People here generally know what to look for. I honestly wish I had found this place before I bought my car, but hind sight is 20/20.

We aren't saying you won't be able to sell the cars for those prices, but probably not to someone who is an informed buyer. And don't worry, there are plenty of un-informed buyers out there who buy them at the price.

Slade

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
these both are in excellent condition for there age...as far as the rust factor goes they are both flawless...for those of you being morons, dont know what to tell ya
Look Shawn, you either know Mustangs or you don't. As already stated, we inferred from your post that you didn't know Mustangs; yet from the quote I've pasted here, you're implying that you do. In fact, you appear to know more than we do!

These cars are hardly "excellent condition for their age." They're average at best. We here at VMF are not in the habit of insulting newcomers. Quite the the contrary. So to call us "morons" because we don't agree with your prices is not the way to make friends here. Especially if you've given us the link to your place of business.

Perhaps you should re-read the responses. We do know these cars and what they're worth. Sounds to me like you're wanting a sucker more than an honest opinion...

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Start them at half the price and put a reserve on them if you wish, but your starting price would definitely be a spectacular ending price.

The descriptions tell nothing of front and rear frame rails, torq boxes, floor and rockers. The notorious rust spots on these old cars can easily be overlooked. The flashy paint isn't such a key selling point if the car has to be stripped to get rid of bondo or hidden rust damage.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts