Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In what order do you guys think I should have these things done. These are the things I have to do, get car painted, enigne detailed, paint rims black again myself, have a few holes in seat and dash repaired inside, new tires, undercoated

Thanks John
65 Coupe I6
Inline Power

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
I usually go with (1) What can I afford, then (2) can I do this and still drive the car (do I need to?).
Of course, if the tires are bad, I'd say tires first. And paint last, as doing things like pulling pieces of the engine/interior have a tendency to screw up your new paint job if you are not careful.

Red

66 Convertible inline 6
Still seeking 67-68 coupe in good condition

·
Registered
453 Posts
Here is my order of events: 1. Interior fixed (won't have to worry about hanger rash while being worked on). 2. Undercoated (same reason plus you don't have to worry about any overspray from undercoating on new paint). 3. Paint car. 4. Take wheels off yourself, paint rims and get new tires. 5. Engine detail (won't have to worry about overspray from painting car) All IMHO

67fb (in progress) 68convertible 69Grande'(first car) 79Cobra(bought new)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have to disagree with the other post. interior work should ALWAYS be the last thing done.

In regards to your post, here is the order I would do those things:

1-get car painted
2-undercoated
3-engine detailed
4-paint rims
5-new tires
6-few holes and dash repaired inside

Charles Turner
MCA Gold Card Judge(64.5-65, 66)
'65 Fastback
'00 GT Conv, triple black

Check out my 65 [color:blue]fastback!</font color=blue>