Vintage Mustang Forums banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
Hey Russ,
Yeah, same location as last year, must be a bad spot on the interstate, but I was no where near an exit :( . I recieved 3rd in my class of about 8 cars. I was a bit disappointed because my car was more correct then the others, I really should have entered into concours, the only other concours entry was a 68 fastback, it needed work to get closer to concours, was a very nice car. I am at the stage of being too correct for street driven and not correct enough for concours. :lol: BTW there was another 68 there that was Meadowlark Yellow with a saddle interior, the original color of mine. Well let me say any thought that I had to return it to that color combo is totally gone now, yikes, now I know why only 47 were made in that trim that year!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Congratulations! I was there, got 3rd in street driven 98-04 open. This is only my second judged show Oh yes, I was the one who left after my award because I was getting hit pretty hard with the hot temperatures. I totally apologize but it couldn't be helped.

Would have been nice to go faster on that track....but I still think it was pretty cool to be able to say I got to drive a lap on Indy!

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
MustangShar said:
Congratulations! I was there, got 3rd in street driven 98-04 open. This is only my second judged show Oh yes, I was the one who left after my award because I was getting hit pretty hard with the hot temperatures. I totally apologize but it couldn't be helped.

Would have been nice to go faster on that track....but I still think it was pretty cool to be able to say I got to drive a lap on Indy!
Thanks and congrats on your award! I totally understand having to leave. At the Johnson City show I was hit so hard by the sun the day before and the next morning I just couldn't stay past the awards presentation in my class. I didn't leave the show but I just had to get out of the sun. As you probably know tents, canopies, umbrellas, etc are not allowed at MCA shows and there was absolutely NO shade around the awards ceremony. They would have been hauling me away in an ambulance if I would have stayed up there any longer...

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
MustangShar said:

Congrats Shar! I also left right after my trophy, it was brutal out there! Wanted to get home and cool off! Was not a bad drive except the 1 1/2 hour stand still on I65. Had a mini car show right there on the interstate ! :lol:

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'll tell you...I am amazed at your classic stangs! When I see how beautifull the cars are, it blows me away! : )

Whoa...how long of a back up on I 65?? How'd you go?

I took 74 out to Champaign and I 57 to 80 West then I 55 to 355 Nice drive no traffic. The ONLY way I'll go now. I will do anything to avoid Chicago/Gary IN mess...

Now who is going to the Springfield show next month? Anyone coming to our Landmark Ford Show Aug 13th? www.stallionsgate.org Ours is participant judged.....sorry

I really enjoyed this show and kind of like being able to stay overnight-something NEW for me. Lots of nice people I met.: ) To bad I did not get to meet you guys.

Well now I do not feel bad about leaving in the middle of awards. Keep in touch I'll post up the Springfield show info if its not already here.

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
MustangShar said:
I'll tell you...I am amazed at your classic stangs! When I see how beautifull the cars are, it blows me away! : )

Whoa...how long of a back up on I 65?? How'd you go?

I took 74 out to Champaign and I 57 to 80 West then I 55 to 355 Nice drive no traffic. The ONLY way I'll go now. I will do anything to avoid Chicago/Gary IN mess...

Now who is going to the Springfield show next month? Anyone coming to our Landmark Ford Show Aug 13th? www.stallionsgate.org Ours is participant judged.....sorry

I really enjoyed this show and kind of like being able to stay overnight-something NEW for me. Lots of nice people I met.: ) To bad I did not get to meet you guys.

Well now I do not feel bad about leaving in the middle of awards. Keep in touch I'll post up the Springfield show info if its not already here.

Thanks for the nice comments! I love these kind of shows, stay over the weekend, its a nice getaway. I will NEVER go I65 again, it was about 20 miles north of Indy, total stand still.
Not sure about Landmark yet, I think we had something planned but I will look again.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Shar, there is nothing wrong with a participant judged show as long as it is done properly. NIMC has it down. When they host a show their members cars are not eligable for any awards, they are there for display only. This eliminates club members voting for each other which is so prevailent in participant judged shows and over time encourages new participants since they know they may actually have a chance at an award. If you make the Bourbonnais show this year pay attention, this is how a participant judged show should be done IMHO.

Good luck with your club's show, if I wasn't already planning on attending the MCA National show in Erie that weekend I would be there. That plan may change with gas prices so you never know, I might just make it...

·
Registered
57 Posts
I am on the Board and I never thought about that view point and of course it is very valid! I'm going to pass it on and see how what they think. I have been to Bourbonnaise...OMG HUGE HUGE show and loved it at Perry Farm! But there are so many...my little stang just gets lost in the shuffle LOL I am still debating on that show. But it's a blast going to INDY or even the Springfield show.

Again...IF you decide against Erie, please come to Landmark. We are striving to make many improvements within our club structure and you have just given me a new direction starting with OUR car show!

·
Registered
61 Posts
It's Official!!!! 239 Entries!!!! Thanks for all who came to the show and hope eveybody had a great time!!! I know it was very hot out there..next time Shar!!!!! don't forget to turn on the cool switch so it won't be so hot!!!! LMAO!! anyway sorry about the deal about the problems about how slow we went on the track..still trying to figure it out why they did it but at IMS..I don't think anybody can figure them out!!! but really here at MCI really wants to thank everybody who did come and next year's plans are already in discussion to make it even better!!!! How about them trophies???? Jerry Sullivan did a lot of digging to come up with them ideas..so please give him a hand.. The diecast cars on top of the best of class trophies were outstanding.. and the best engine!!! that motor even ran!!..anyway.. everybody please keep in touch and sooner or later we'll come together again!!! Peace out!!! The Dr.!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Thank you for posting the link. I viewed the photos take a look everyone. : )

·
1964 1/2 Convertible - 260 V8 C4 Automatic, Power Top, Console, 4 Wheel Drums
2,697 Posts
Please start a new thread about this if you post
about the 2007 show.

This was the 2006 show thread - and it will get confusing.

Thanks,

-Zim

·
Registered
57 Posts
You have been a very busy guy postin' up on all the club sites. LOL I know I know I don't have a vintage Stang, However I DO have a Retro Stang. : ) Quite the compliment to these guys here.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
66kgt said:
MustangShar said:
Hi,

I am going to the Indy show-I have a late model 03. I hear it is a blast and get to do a lap on INDY track <even if 30 mph> is worth it for me. I'm Vice Pres of Stallionsgate Mustang & Ford Club and I think one other member with his CA Special <cover of Mustang Monthly> is also going from my club.

I'm leaving Westmont at 11?? Fri morning and have booked the Brickyard Crossing <host hotel>. If anyone wants to caravan down maybe? email me
[email protected]

Central Illinois Stangers have a group going also.
What route are you taking? I might be able to meet up somewhere along the way. I will be trailering my kar but wouldn't mind joining a caravan. I have my reservations made at the host hotel as well, but found you can get a room for $5 less than the group rate at this site:

Indy.org
Just wanted to remind everyone going to Indy this year you can get a room at the host hotel for $5 less a night at the link above than you can by calling a reservation asking for the "Mustang Group Rate". They sure aren't giving the Indy Club their best rate....

21 - 38 of 38 Posts