Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
For those times when you have to park your Mustang outside, you can make (cut) inexpensive magnetic cowl covers using a magnetic sheet like the following: 12x24 Magnetic Sheet

It will be easier to keep leaves, pine needles, most water, etc. out of the cowl area than it would be to clean it later.
:thumbsup:
Yep
I keep a pair in the trunk should I ever have to park where crap is dropping on the car - never had to use them yet though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
This is an awesome idea. I've used that material for other things (temporary signs on cars/trucks) but wasn't smart enough to think of this. Thanks for sharing!!

·
Registered
405 Posts
I just bought the cowl cover from CJ while going thru Harrisburg, PA back in April when I was buying my Mustang. NPD didn't have any and said they didn't know when they would get them. I've used it a couple of times and keep it with the car all the time.

·
Registered
5,075 Posts
Great idea. I made one out of plexiglass with foam gasketing for times I may get caught in the rain. It has some little turn keys that lock it in place using the louvers. Magnetic would be way easier.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts