Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

Registered
While the risk would be higher with a shoddy extension cord situation, if done well it would not have to be. An actual power outage event (not a cord trip) would be a problem regardless. Now a 60 MPH wind gust...

Registered
I too had no idea. I like it, may buy one for myself.

Reactions: cally68

Registered
1970 Sportroof Mustang Grabber Value Package
I have seen these on Motor trend, may be a stand by inverter or UPS (uninterruptable power supply) to avert catastrophe?

Premium Member
I can see putting it up inside another structure and having a backup power supply...even an invertor from your diesel pickup or new F-150.

Registered
I can see putting it up inside another structure and having a backup power supply...even an invertor from your diesel pickup or new F-150.
Yeah I would definitely have a secondary power source. My F150 has a 400w inverter. The small fans are 2 x 950=1900w, and the big ones are 1100 x 2=2200w, Well just another excuse to get a generator anyway.

Registered
What happened to those folks with the ingenuity that could put together a paint booth with some PVC pipe, plastic sheeting, a couple of fans, and filters?

Registered
30 minute setup time and probably the same teardown time and it all fits in a box.

Positive pressure environment.

Filtered.

I like the concept a lot,

It makes me want to paint my 67.

Registered
Just imaging, your laying the money coat, last coat of clear and the power goes out...
What they don't tell you, these are illegal... they do not meet any aspect of the International Fire Codes... that is what is adopted in every state, city, county, special district in the US, etc....... specifically Art. 79 nor does it meet ANY of the International Building Codes similarly adopted as well...................

Just an accident (for painting wise) looking for a place to happen...... and I won't even get into the fines that local, state, federal or special district agencies will slap onto anyone using one of these for auto/farm related painting purposes.....the insurance companies will be not just denying claims but it will be retributional as well......

Registered
1965 2+2 Vintage Burgundy A-code C4
Half done? I'm guessing what, about 2035?

BTW, you could always hire a Politian...Italian poets blow...

Allen
Oh yee of little faith鈥.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts