Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week I sold the last late model in my stable an 83 mustang conv. GLX with a 351w. Ok, so now I have enough money to buy the total control goodies for my 65 fastback. Yesterday I call a mustang supply co. {Im not gonna say which one because of what Im going to say isnt their fault} and tell the salesman which parts I want to purchase. I give him the part numbers and ask which is in stock. He tells me the first item on my list {manual rack and pinion} is in stock and will cost me 1,300.00, and I almost pass out. I tell him the part in their cataloge is 995.99 to which he asks for the number on the cataloges cover. He then replies that the cataloge is in fact the new copy, but the prices are wrong. As we move through the list I find that all of the suspension stuff {the TC stuff I want to buy} has gone up almost 50% which is really pissing me off. Now Im going to have to rebudget my project, and put a hold on certin other parts. It really sucks when these companies do things like this, I mean, I can understand a twenty or thirty dollar increase on certain parts every now and again, but this is rediculous. Anyway thanks for sharing my pain. Anyone else have anything along the same lines to share?..........mikey

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I keep looking at rc motorsports mustang II conversion kit. By the time you sink all the money into a total control equipment i seriously doubt that mustang will ever be restored back to stock. Once you cross that line i really don't see a downside to loosing the shock towers.

G

·
0 Posts
I was looking into TCP stuff as well, but when they sold their distribution rights to Mustang Plus it seemed like everyone started charging list price for TCP products. Although they look like nice products I think for the most part they aren't worth the money they are asking for them anymore. I've started looking at alternatives like Global West and RC Motorsports.

Brian aka hecubus

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think Im with you guys on this, TCP have priced themselves over the legal insane limits. I will probably go with the global west setup. I have the complete TCP setup on another 65 fastback and it works great, but for what they are charging now, its just not worth the money.......mikey

·
Registered
391 Posts
My impression with TCP is they were unable to keep up with demand so two things happened: (1) TCP got out of the marketing business so they could concentrate on making more product. (2) TCP/MP raised prices so that the order rate would no longer exceed production capacity. Sounds stupid doesn't it; many business decisions are that way, stupid. Next time you look at a CEO's decisions ask yourself these questions: (1) Was this for the companies benefit? (2) Was this for the CEO's personal benefit? or (3) Was this just another stupid decision done because they could?

G

·
0 Posts
Wow, what a coincidence. I just got a Mustang Unlimited Catalog in the mail today and they have TCP stuff for less than list. You mentioned the steering kit for $1300, they have it for $995. I checked their website and they show the same price both places. Might be worth giving them a call to see if they are still selling TCP stuff at a reasonable price. I had written TCP stuff off for being too expensive, but now I might have to consider some of their stuff for my stang.

Hope this helps.

Brian aka hecubus

G

·
0 Posts
Actually I might have to take that back. I just started looking at the prices for some of the other products on the Mustang Unlimited website and they have increased all the TCP prices for everthing but the steering kit.

Sorry to get your hopes up.

Brian aka hecubus

1 - 11 of 11 Posts