Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SWMBO finally gave in, so now I have a project! Going to pick up a '69 coupe on Saturday and pull it back to the garage. Engine's out, but the owner says it was fresh rebuilt and has a receipt and paperwork from the shop who did the work for him. But, the oil pan has disappeared somewhere. Kinda scary if you ask me, but hey, I'm getting a deal so I can't argue too much. So here's the question ... anyone got a suggestion on which brand to go with for the new oil pan? Engine is a 302. Going to be my daily driver and on-going project. Any particular suggestions?

kt
1969 Coupe ... faded red with black stripes ... work in progress

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
what kinda stripes are on it? see my post 10 threads(posts) down. if u have pics i would like to see them if that is possible. thanks.

~Chris
San Antonio, Tx
66 coupe 289
70 fastback done by may/graduation...hopefully

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's got Le Mans looking stripes over the top of the body. PO before last was trying to set up a Shelby-ish clone and it didn't work too well except for the striping. I like the simulated side scoops, but SWMBO doesn't care for them. So we'll see if those stay or go. She has said she wants the stripes back when WE repaint it, though. Good sign since she didn't want me buying it until we went and saw it.

kt

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did they run the stripes right over the hood? I figured it might not look good bc the 69-70 have that middle section of the hood that kind of tears. Is there any way u can post/email me pics?

~Chris
San Antonio, Tx
66 coupe 289
70 fastback done by may/graduation...hopefully

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Go to a junkyard and buy any front sump small block pan with no dipstick hole that
looks like it will be easy to clean. Wait till you SWMBO is getting her hair done
and run it through the dishwasher 2 times. When it is done, (don't wait for the dry
cycle) put some dishes back in there and wash them(to clean the washer).
jimbo

M.C.A.# 50000
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1575692&a=11979479&p=43517165.jpg

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You're killing me! I would have never thought of the dishwasher! Now to find a yard in this one-horse town ...

kt

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
You can purchase a reproduction oil pan for a 302 through most parts vendors, such as National Parts Depot. You can even go the chrome route if you so desire.

Rich
1966 Mustang GT convertible

·
Registered
553 Posts
Uh. . . I almost hate to remind you guys, but a few of us SWMBO's actually are members here. In the case of this one, though, I own the Mustang and I rarely bother getting my hair "done". Just keep it long and straight. But if anyone wanted to put an oil pan in my dishwasher I'd be ok with it so long as the dishwasher was made habitable for dishes afterwards. See? No problem.

Good luck with your Mustang.

Pam

[color:red]Just another wrench-turner</font color=red>
[color:blue]1967 Coupe, v8 302 - Hers</font color=blue>
[color:purple]1990 Nissan Pathfinder - His</font color=purple>

·
Registered
786 Posts
Just make sure the oil in the pan is of the "low cholesterol type!)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts