Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this mustang in the spring and it is a very nice car. All the original parts are in place and it has 30k miles in it. It seems to have been a Pennsylvania car all its life and it stays here in pa with me now. What im looking for is any history of the car and how should you find previous owners. I would like to confirm the mileage and history. All seems to be correct. It is a early car and the motor does not have the vin number on it but the block date matches the car date. Is there anyone in pa that verifies the cars like a survey. But someone who knows these cars , not just a old car surveyor.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Also. It has been painted but door jams seem to be original. Some small items are new also. Im.not saying its a 100 percent original car but seems to be a clean. It has the bones. All little things im doing is anything i replace i am buying original ford parts from ebay or wherever i can find them. So im looking to see if anyone knows the car and some history. It did not jave the orginal manual , wondering if a previous owner may have paperwork on the car. Would like to know who owned it and how long. Stuff like that.

·
Registered
6,579 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The fender matches the door plate and everything in the k registry book the car has. It is poppy red and the one listed above is it. I removed all the gt parts and put the original valance on. It was with the car.

·
Registered
6,579 Posts
One thing I do is post my VINs on my build threads. The reason I do this is in case someone is ever searching for the VIN from their old car. Don't get me wrong, I've never had anyone ask about one of my cars, but it's there for Google to find if someone wants to. I found your car easy enough by searching the VIN, but the classics website was the only thing that came up.

Allen

·
Registered
786 Posts
Pay for a title search in Pennsylvania. While it's not guaranteed, you have a decent chance of getting a complete list of all prior owners since the car never left your state. Mileage may be verifiable from the title copies, or less likely, from all the prior owners being Mustang nerds who kept old receipts for all garage services.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
here is a few things I found as I was going through the car also. the motor appears to be all original with the exception of carb intake a nd cam. Cam has a .330 lift on lobe so it may be a C7 Lemans cam. I have been buying original parts to put engine back to original. The trans has the tags that match HEH T . Also the painted engine, someone liked the blue. I like the black.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts