Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I got everything wired up ... not permanent just a test fit to see if I should go the distance with this thing and neaten the wiring etc.

For those who recall I was looking for a small, easy add on to put a little umph in the low end on my sound system. Not shake the ground powerful, just a nice little hum in the seat backs and your belly ;)

So I ordered up the Infinity Basslink for around $215 + shipping from an online vendor. I won't give them any free publicity since they were not very good about shipping quickly or even knowing where my order was and its status.

I placed this thing in the trunk on the driver's side trunk floor, fits in there well dimensionally but I will have to craft some mounting brackets since the base is wider than this area of the trunk floor.

So far I have tried it with the top up and the car running and not running. I will say it appears to be worth the $250 or so total investment. It is noticeable at all volume levels and adds enough to justify the expense. Granted I am not doing backflips here or anything but it seems like an ok value for the money.

Down the road of course I will get serious about all this and have the trunk fully glassed with amp racks etc. and serious sound setup, but for now this is fine.

·
Registered
14,601 Posts
I always wondered if adding a unit like this would rattle the crap out of one of our old cars...any sense of that? Probably not as big an issue with a vert. ::

·
Registered
466 Posts
it wound vibrate the car apart, i had 2 10" kenwoods in my 69 when i was going to high school, stuff rattled yes, but thats only b/c i didnt put my rear speakers in great, other then that it worked great and sounded good too. best part was, you couldnt hear them outside of my car b/c the mufflers hid the bass :).

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
I love my basslink!!! It fits very neatly under the quaterpanel behind the wheelwell and it sounds great in my vert. It's given my mustang a nice sound without going stupid with it.

·
Registered
16,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes I believe it would fit there, but based on the design of it where I mounted it is the optimal spot since it is designed for "corner loading" and plays off that area best.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts