Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
My preference is the original look blowers for obvious reasons. My opinion, best $3500-$4000 a person could spend on their car. Truly a simple bolt-on. Rather than the stock Paxton Autolite carb, I run a Holley 650 DP that Craig modified and tuned for my car. #383 has 83k miles on the original motor, burns no oil and still runs very strong. Ratains its stock 10.0-1 compression and builds 6psi. After a number of big block Mustangs and Shelby GT500 cars (last with a 454 dual quad MR motor) I never thought I'd be happy with another small block car. I was wrong. Craig can provide a complete kit.

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/johnknott2002/vwp?.dir=/Toys/My+Classic+Fords/Shelby/Motor&.dnm=DSCN1172.jpg&.src=ph&.view=t&.hires=t

G

·
hey my brother got one from craig also....his 65 aluminum head 302 with the paxton is awesome......very very fast......almost unbeatable....he keeps up with the new 03 cobra's!!!.....but for me that paxton isnt going to be enough....im lookin into gettin a intercooled procharger for my 66 aluminum head 302....that will be my cristmas present this year!!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Doc call craig at 760-740-0954. He'll answer all your questions about running a Paxton. He puts together a great kit and the install is fairly easy.
And the best part is your going to have so much fun, the best addon I've done.
CAUTION: If you have heart trouble ask your doctor if you'll be able to handle all the exictment ;)

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the comments and recommendations, I truly appreciate them.

Based on your comments then my 460 horse 347 stroker might need to have a NASA sticker put on the side of it after adding a PAXTON.

Question? Do you think I should KEEP the NITROUS too?
::

Thanks
"Doc"

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Keeping the N2O in a blown configuration is tempting. A by-product of boost is heat especially with a ball-drive Paxton. The way to combat the added heat is with an intercooler. Adding one would pose a challenge in our cars. N2O would assist in cooling the mixture. While I've seen blown N2O cars, personal opinion would be that you'd be temptimg fate.....

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Hey Doc. Check the FAQs here under Dual Power Adders and cruise the rest of the web site. Might give you something to think about before you talk to your local Paxton guy. Things like a custom cam with good overlap etc. Dual Power adders complicate things a little. Just have to pay attention to details.
http://www.kennedysdynotune.com/
Dan

1 - 10 of 10 Posts