Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been searching the board for some how-tos or answers, but did not find a solid answer to the question. I look at JME website, and i just cant bring myself to spend a grand on gauge cluster. What my question is how to do that on my own. Ive seen people insert gauges through the front,but i want that look of somehwat originallity, where they are from the back, and theres no cutting to the front of the dash. If this is possbile, please tell me how and/or show picks

Rizzo

·
Administrator
13,017 Posts
I had a friend build me a cluster. You can check my page . If you want more information I can give you his phone number and you can talk with him.
Stan

·
Registered
758 Posts
To do it from the back, you have to modify the gauges. As nearly as I can tell (from having the stripped gauge cluster, bezel and AM gauges), JME removes the gauge bezel and mounts the gauge case with its glass to the bezel. The gauge cluster is then cut and machined to fit over the new gauges and provide mounting and electrical support.

I looked at that, looked at my $600 in new gauges, said "fork that" or something similar, and went in the front door. :)

It's a decent look, but I admit the back-mounted gauges look astounding. I might rebuild the cluster that way somewhere down the road.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts