Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyone in the Milwaukee, WI area that you would recommend, who knows enough about Mustangs to give a fair and accurate appraisal/inspection? I have several contacts here in the Madison area, but am looking for someone closer to Milwaukee. Do you know anyone associated with the Wisconsin Early Mustangers who would/could do this inspection/appraisal. Marshall in Madison

G

·
If this is for insurance purposes make sure your Insurance company will accept it. I'd suggest asking your agent for a reference of an appraiser.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Michael G., Thanks for the response. It is for my lender and they don't really care who does it. It seems they just want a piece of paper and a picture or two to justify loaning money. I plan to use Hagerty to insure the car, and I understand that to be an "agreed value" deal, with no appraisal required. But, I could be dead wrong, too, since this is my first experience with a collector car.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Michael G. - On second thought, you make an excellent point. I went ahead and contacted Hagerty's (the insurer) to make sure that whoever I hire and whatever they do, is acceptable to them for insuring the car. Thanks again,
Marshall in Madison

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
Have you tried Gary Esse, he is the GUY in the area.

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
Did you get the convert?

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Excellent advise KBMWRS. I used to work for an insurance company and saw far too many appraisals that were not worth the paper they were written on. Get a referral from your insurance company, preferably from a claims supervisor. Then if something should happen you can beat them to the punch since you already will have an appraisal from the person they use. Also this way you can go over the appraisal with the appraiser for any discrepancies, while you and not the insurance company is signing their check. It also should be updated every couple of years, depending on how the market is.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Chris, The other bidder offered 14.5K for the convertible in Arlington and the buyer accepted his offer. I did put in call to Gary Esse, Madison Classics, but he never returned my call. I am scheduled to look at a 67 Fastback tomorrow in Salem, WI., and once again, I will need to have the car appraised and inspected. Marshall

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
Marshall, those white walls have gotta go.
:p

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Gary, Thanks for noticing. I think you know the car I am looking at in Salem. What do you think based on what you saw? Would you be interested in doing the appraisal/inspection for Summit CU? Trust me, the whitewalls will be the first things to go!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts