Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to install the wiper assembly and heat/AC in my 1967 shell. Which should go in first, or does it matter? I want to get this right the first time, because laying on my back in the floor is no fun working at my age.

·
Premium Member
6,156 Posts
Install the wiper assembly, then the heater box and defrost plenum, DEFINITELY.

·
Registered
Current cars include 1969 Mach 1 and 1970 Cougar XR7 convertible
8,643 Posts
After the wiper assembly, run the A/C compressor wire and the 2 vacuum hoses through the firewall, then the defroster ducting, then position the fan housing with the dash duct over the trans tunnel and then the evap box up behind the glove box. Wiggle things around until the fan housing is solidly mated to the evap box.and lift the assemblyinto palce and secure to the firewall. The rest of the vacuum hoses and the air ducts now and you are nearly finished with the under dash part of the assembly.

·
Registered
10,208 Posts
Wisdom comes with age. I found it infinately easier to remove the front seats whenever I have to work under the dash.

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wisdom comes with age. I found it infinately easier to remove the front seats whenever I have to work under the dash.
Fortunately or unfortunately, (depending on how you look at it) The car doesn't have seats, yet. I looked at a pair of '86 Mustang GT seats, but the frames were in bad shape, or a set of custom made Cerullo's. The price would be about the same, figuring repairs and new upholstery on the Mustang seats.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts