Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished installing my new Blaupunkt in Coppertone. The main stereo body is mounted in the glovebox, and the detachable faceplate is permanently connected via soldered cable between faceplate contacts, and stereo contacts. Once I got it wired, I did a functional check, and realized that I could not eject a CD. After thinking about it, I realized that by having the faceplate connected via cable, I had fooled the stereo into thinking the faceplate was closed, and it would not allow the ejection. So I found the wire that controlled that, and installed a small pushbutton switch to temporarily disrupt power to the faceplate while ejecting a CD. It's not a big deal to do, and the radio continues to play with the button pushed in.

Now I can hide the stereo, and use the faceplate as a wired remote. I also made a small bracket that mounts the faceplate under the factory AC. The faceplate can be removed and tucked up under the dash in case I run into any of my anal friends who don't like mods. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

66candy, of VMF fame, gave me the idea, with his website.

Currently, I am using Infinity 3.5 speakers in the dash, but next week, I have it on good authority, that I'll be receiving kickpanels with Infinity 6.5 speakers for my Birthday.

Here's the pic. Sorry if it's too large.

http://www.knology.net/~dorner/images/stereo.jpg

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Wonderful job...now you've given me an idea for my 64.5. Thanks for sharing. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
890 Posts
I got mine from National Parts Depot. I know American Pony has them too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts