Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I don't get to post very often anymore, but that doesn't mean I'm not working hard. After repainting my hood and fender from taking a rock hit from a gravel truck, I ripped the white top off of Coppertone, stripped and painted the frame, installed new pads, and Torquewrench and I installed a new Black Robbins top with plastic window. We had done his 66 vert earlier this summer, so we're pros now. It took us all evening Friday, and all day Saturday. We about killed ourselves working in the hot sun. But you have to do it that way, so the top can stretch and get a nice tight fit. We were both pleased with the results. And the best part is "I did it myself". The next best part is that I got the best top on the market installed for under $300. A few more things, and I'll be ready for the Grand National MCA show in late August.

http://www.knology.net/~dorner/images/newtop1.jpg

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Good Job.
I have done a few tops when I worked in a trim shop. Don't like it.
Yours turned out great. You can start your own buisness soon!
Thanks again for the CD /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Lookin' good! are you going to keep the emberglowish boot cover or go with black there also? is the finish on the Robbins top canvas "matte" like newer cars or shiny vinyl?

·
Registered
532 Posts
[color:blue]But the video that California Mustang sells is a good start</font color=red>

Does that tape have info that would be helpfull on outher cars? I am thinking of doing my own top on my LTD, and could use any help I can get.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts