Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the vent window assemblies and the rear channel guide installed. Now I want to install the side glass. Is there any way to do that without bending the car? Regulator mechanism is also in place.

Should I take out the vent window assembly and start over? Any advice on the correct procedure would be appreciated. The '66 Shop Manual is pretty vague.

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
Don't quote me.. and I'm going by 1967 fastback here.. I say don't quote me because me and window glass are enemies.. But I believe you should be able to install the rear track, and completely loosen the front vent, so it shifts forward, then slide the glass into place, and tighten everything up (And then install those odds and ends pieces).

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Johnny - sounds like I at least to loosen up the vent assembly and then get the side glass in place. Will try that and report back. It almost goes in now, so that should work.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Johnny, that worked. I loosened all the installation bolts on both the vent window assembly and the rear track. I loosened the allen screw and the bolt that sets the rear top limit and moved the stop up and back from the glass. The window went in with SWMBO holding it in the up position while I snapped in the two nylon rollers. Set up from there was not too bad, although it is kind of a black art are there are so many possible adjustments.

Are I now an expert?

Thanks again for the help

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
good post! i'm about to install the glass in my '66 coupe doors.

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
I should book mark this too, since I'm going to have to do it again once I get the doors painted, and I'm going to forget all this! :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts